• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Clomid Girlies

eobrien133

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been on clomid for about 7 months and have been more of less symptom free apart from the odd mood swing, sore boobs, etc. Have been on double dose for 2 months 100mg and in the last week been feeling really low and to the point of bursting into tears for the slightest thing. Very shaky and nervous.

I know part of it will be the stress of TTC but think the clomid is making it worse.

Anyone else experienced this and did Dr's suggest anything. I am seeing the nurse on sat for my day 21 bloods but just wanted some advice.

Thanks
Eileen xxxx

Hell yes I feel like that!!

I am on 150mg and besides the sore boobs, hot flushes and tummy pains I cry at everything ... I mean EVERYTHING ...... Films, adverts, songs even frickin cartoons gets the bottom lip wobbling!!!

Depression is a common side effect of clomid hun so unfortunately I don't think it will go until you stop the clomid!!

HI Vicky :wave: glad im not the only one then, the flushes are a pain in ass wake up most night soaked through, not pleasant

Some days feel fine and then an emotional wreck lol :cry:

Was going to watch Ice Age the other day and remembered there were a few sad bits in it, so decided not to bother lol.

Im sure it will be worth it for both of us in the end xxxx

Weirdly my hot flushes haven't been as bad on the higher dosage, 50mg and 100mg were much worse for me!!

I think crying at silly things its just one of those annoying side effects that we have to put up with!!

Are you having the tracking scans?? Have you been told what treatment is next for you if the clomid doesn't work??

They havent mentioned anything as yet. I believe they said can stay on this dose for another 2-3 months and then mentioned 150 mg after that but that would be only for a short time.

Hopefully wont need as long as that

Not having any scans just my day 21 bloods.

What are tracking scans?

Follicle tracking scans basically they are internal ultrasounds, they do them around day 10ish. They look to see if there are any eggs (follicles) growing on your ovaries, it gives a clearer indication of if you will ovulate, it also checks to make sure you don't produce to many eggs as well. I have only had one scan since I started the clomid which didn't show anything as my cycle was really long.

Every nhs works differently though.

Ahh yes, I have had one of those scans, only 1 though. Did show I had a follicle so seems ok. Had that about a month ago as previous blood test showed wasnt ovulating and thats why they upped my dosage.

Fingers crossed for both of us xxxx

Good luck Kirsty, dont let me put you off lol, everyone is different :)

knowing me it will be awful , i suffer anxiety anyway and palpitations etc lol but the outcome will be worth it a million times over if it works x

Thats exactly how i see it, if i feel like crap for a few months and then get that BFP then it will be worth it, good luck xxxx

Im starting Clomid tomorrow and my Dr said i may suffer "Visual disturbances" along with hot flushes......something to look forward too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back