any advice?

Marianne

Reaction score
My partner has just been accepted for a job, the job consists of 45-60 hours per week, I am on benefits, i'm just wondering if anyone knows what exactly will happen with my benefits with him working those amount of hours? Will it stop my benefits completely? Will it effect my child tax credits, child benefit and milk tokens?

I'm totally new to all this so can't offer any proper advice, but I'm pretty sure everyone is entitled to child benefit no matter how much you're income is. With tax credits I think it depends on the household income as to what you're entitled to? Not sure though xxxxxx

Heyy, im currently living with my dad but waiting for house completion to move in with oh, im currently getting vouchers/income support but as soon as move in with OH i am entitles to nothing :( as he earns over 16,000 so depends on his income rather than number of hours! 16,000 is no way enough to support two people a child and a mortgage! stupid government rules.

hope this helps :) xx

Your child benefit won't stop. Like the other's say, it depends on income. My OH works 60 hours a week and we don't get any help, only £10 a week tax credit x.

Your milk tokens will stop. Your tax credits will drop but you MIGHT be entitled to working tax credits aswell depending on income. Child benefit is available for everyone with a child up to the age of 18. x

My other half is probably going to look after LO and we are on about 17k a year so we might get about 2 k in working tax credit so fingers crossed for you xxx

It depends on how much he earns, there's benefits calculators online - sorry, i dont have the links, but if you just google benefits calculator that should be able to tell you how your benefits will be effected.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back