Any advice...TMI

becks20

Reaction score
Last night when i got in bed i had very bad pains all over my bump and in my sides, then i felt sick and had pains in my lower tummy, the big pains were coming and going but i couldnt work out if they was irregular contractions or not. But baby was REALLY active which is totally unlike him. Also my tummy was really hard during this time aswell.

After about 15mins of being in pain i had to go toilet and sorry tmi but cleared my bowels and after i got a big pain again and my OH was ready to phone the labour ward!
After 5mins i was then violently sick and my tummy ached but baby slowed his moving down to next to nothing. And i managed to go to sleep.

Anyone got any ideas what this could have been? Thanks x

Last edited:
no idea, I had this a few weeks ago. I got admitted but was fine, felt like a big drama queen!! I hope youre feeling better today. Maybe you got a tummy bug, we're more vulnerable to food poisoning etc when pregnant, so thats what I put mine down to, even tho I hadnt eaten anything that would relaly cause it!

Thanks, i thought it might be a bug but just seemed really like baby was coming x

as baby has been engaging, i have had various stages of 'clear out' i projectile vommed about 3 weeks ago (lovely, managed to catch it in a wine glass having woken up five minutes earlier - skillz) and in the last couple of weeks i have literally been pooing about 7 times a day! always a little bit because i NEVER strain (we need our bits to be undamaged for birthing joy!)

and it has been a bit like 'Ohhhhh whats that feeling/pain etc and then i have done a big poo and its gone away...

its annoying because i have no idea what labour is going to feel like, so every twinge i am like 'is this it' and it NEVER bloody is!

but i think that general stomach movement stuff is quite normal in the third tri, have even heard of some women speaking of it in the same way they do the first tri, which as we all know is all about the vomming and the poo/lack of poo

yeah I thought I was in labour at the time too!then it went away and baby is still cooking :confused: So much wierd stuff goes on with our bodies I hav eno idea whats going on most of the time!

Iv been pooing alot lately too :shock::shock:

But im on my second, so furtunatly know what labour really feels like - Althoughhh, when i was walking up the hospital stairs in labour with my son (Dont do lifts!!) I was adament i was goin to leave a nice steamer on the stairs! I was like ''Perhaps im not in labour... i think i just need to poo!! Let me go have a poo first, please!!!!'' Haha.

Near the end especially i think we over-react about every little twinge because we are soo desperate for it to be time!! :lol:

xxx

Iv been pooing alot lately too :shock::shock:

But im on my second, so furtunatly know what labour really feels like - Althoughhh, when i was walking up the hospital stairs in labour with my son (Dont do lifts!!) I was adament i was goin to leave a nice steamer on the stairs! I was like ''Perhaps im not in labour... i think i just need to poo!! Let me go have a poo first, please!!!!'' Haha.

Near the end especially i think we over-react about every little twinge because we are soo desperate for it to be time!! :lol:

xxx

This is my 2nd too but i had my daughter 4years ago tomorrow lol so iv kinda forgot everything. x

Aparrently you clear your bowels a lot towards the end of pregnancy - it's to help give more room for baby to be birthed as a full bowel could cause restrictions when baby get's to the u-bend in the birth canal :)
Could be a bug or it could be your body getting ready? Phone your MW if you're worried though Xx

Aparrently you clear your bowels a lot towards the end of pregnancy - it's to help give more room for baby to be birthed as a full bowel could cause restrictions when baby get's to the u-bend in the birth canal :)
Could be a bug or it could be your body getting ready? Phone your MW if you're worried though Xx

I havent had it again so im just gonna see what happens iv got consultant next week anyway so if anything happens ill talk to him about it :) I didnt really empty my bowels when i had my daughter i just was constantly in the toilet shouting i need the toilet lol but i didnt :/ it was just her head lol x

^^^ Haha! Oh dear! Well hopefully it's not baby's head yet! Good luck with your consultant appointment :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back