• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

:-( any advice pls...help needed!!!

fran_23

Reaction score
I have never ever had this problem before Hayden has always just gone to sleep when i put him in bed...and tonight he just won't settle, he had a big dinner, bath and a book and i put him down about 8.20 i heard him cry 15 mins ago i went in and hes was standing up saying "i'm getting up, get me down" so i lay him back down soothed him and said its sleeping time now..hes still in there fussing and crying! hes got a bit of a cold and has been clingy and acting like a baby today..i've rubbed vicks on him and put Karvol on his bed..do you think he might need some medised or capol?? hes a bit warm but no real temperature...now hes saying MUMMY, MUMMY and i feel bad ignoring him :-( help me....

awww poor Hayden I would say he probs just needs some TLC if he is feeling under the weather, if he has a temp give him some calpol hun and lots of cuddles :hug: :hug:

Hope he is feeling better soon hun :hug: :hug: xx

Thank you..i just don't know what to do because he normally loves going to bed but he really wants to get up..i'm worried if i get him up now and give him cuddles he will get in the habit of crying and not settling..but he is ill and i can't ignore him so i'm gonna get him for a cuddle..poor lil man! :cry:

yeah and some calpol..it can only help really!!

yer give him a cuddle hun one night wont break his routine of going to bed :hug:
xx

I'd suggest if he doesn't have a temp as such to try cuddles and soothing first and see if it calms him and cools him back to normal. Sometimes just being upset can increase body temp a little. Once calmer and more settled then body heat will settle. If he doesn't settle then and has a temp then try some Calpol.

Thank you..yes i avoided the calpol i don't want him to have it unless he really needs it! i got him up had some cuddles, read him another book gave him some water and took off his pyjama bottoms, he cooled off a bit and i put him back in bed he grizzled for 5 mins but hes dropped off now :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Hopefully he'll sleep through the vicks has helped unblock him! thanks for the help :hug: :hug:

Awwww poor Hayden.

I know how you feel Arianna had to get extra cuddles tonight to as she is feeling sorry for herself.

Hope he sleeps for you :hug:

aw thanks hope Arianna is ok hun i think the changes in the weather is causing a lot of colds and bugs :-(
:hug: :hug:

Aww Poor Hayden!!! :hug: 's to the little man!! No one likes feeling rough.

Glad he settled for you. Fingers Crossed he gets a good sleep and wakes up feeling abit better!!

Thank you hun :hug: :hug: i think he will hes never really ill hes only had two colds and then one bout of norvo virus since he was born..i hate seeing little ones ill :-(

I went to Watford shopping the other day i was gonna invite you but it was short notice and then guess who invited herself along..and proceeded to steal a tester bottle of perfume from boots! luckily i wasn't in there with her..how embarrasing!!! grr she gets worse and worse (thats right i mean MIL from hell) :rotfl: :rotfl:

How is he today? Hope he is loads better :hug:

Well i been up all night with him..got to sleep at 5am and woke up at 11- he is still in bed!!
He woke up at about 2 and his bum was very wet so i changed his napy and put him back down then he woke up crying again at 3 i think because his nose was blocked and he couldn't breathe properly..i gave him medised about half 3 and he dropped off at 4ish..not before he spilled my glass of water all over my bed and i was too tired to change it so i slept on the sofa! what a fun night :talkhand: hehe

Stewarts just come to pick Hayden up and take him round his nans for a few hours so i can try and sleep in case he is up again tonight..i just have to go to the shops and then i'm gonna have a nap and get ready for round 2...both other times he has had a cold hes been really clingy and wanting cuddles and to sleep in my bed with me.

fran_23 said:
Well i been up all night with him..got to sleep at 5am and woke up at 11- he is still in bed!!
He woke up at about 2 and his bum was very wet so i changed his napy and put him back down then he woke up crying again at 3 i think because his nose was blocked and he couldn't breathe properly..i gave him medised about half 3 and he dropped off at 4ish..not before he spilled my glass of water all over my bed and i was too tired to change it so i slept on the sofa! what a fun night :talkhand: hehe

Oww hun i know how u feel we are going thru the same at the mo C has a cold and he was waking 4/5 times an hour EVERY hour we were up til 4am with C then he woke at 6.30 so i sent OH downstairs with him . horrid isnt it :(

yeah i'm still knackered he had a better night last night but i am still catching up! i forgot how it feels to be sleep deprived as hes been sleeping through from quite early!

Hope Christopher is feeling better very soon!! :hug: :hug: :hug: the karvol and vicks are good but honestly i avoided it for ages but the best thing i did was give him the medised...i he dropped off about half an hour later and wasnt breathing like darth vader anymore! :D

yeah i have my karvol drops on his pillow and the karvol plug in..but he is still unsettled :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back