Any advice please

Kirstymarie96

Reaction score
Hi im currently 19 ... 20 next month and me and my partner are looking at starting a family by the end of this year and i am currently on the implant ... I have a docs appt at the end of the month to talk about getting my implant out... But im too scared to talk to the doctor about why i want it out ... Whats anyones suggestions on going onto the pill until my cycle gets back to normal ??

Hi and welcome to pf!

It's no one's business why you want your implant out so don't worry. I was pregnant at 19 and had my son at 20, my hubby was 25. Something we both very much wanted. As long as you're sensible, have a stable home etc I don't see why age should matter!

I probably wouldn't go on the pill as that can cause issues on its own coming off it. I would probably get the implant out and use condoms for a few months until your cycle seems to have returned to normal, then have fun ttc :) good luck xx

Last edited:
Exactly what Leah said...it's not their place to judge why you're coming off the implant as long as you feel ready and can provide a loving environment for a baby.

Don't go on the pill as this won't help your cycles, just use condoms until you're ready to try x

I agree, don't go on the pill. I never would again. I've never had the implant but can't imagine them asking you why you want it out... if you want it out, they've got to do it. And like the others say, it's nobody else's business xx

Hi im currently 19 ... 20 next month and me and my partner are looking at starting a family by the end of this year and i am currently on the implant ... I have a docs appt at the end of the month to talk about getting my implant out... But im too scared to talk to the doctor about why i want it out ... Whats anyones suggestions on going onto the pill until my cycle gets back to normal ??

Congratulations on making the decision! What is making you worried to talk to the doctor about why you want it out? Im sure they should only ask if you want it replaced and if not what other methods you are considering for contraception.

Like the others, I too would avoid the pill and go with condoms instead so you dont have to wait for that to work its way out of your system. It wouldnt get your cycle back to normal, it would just adjust it, only when you are not using anything at all will they get back to whatever is normal for you

Hi!
I was in the same boat end of last year turned 23 and me and oh spoke about it and decided to have the implant out early they never asked why I just said I wanted it out! And we are now in second month Ttc good luck!

I dont know whats making me think that i just feel like they will judge me because of my age... Another thing that concerns me is my partner is a long distance lorry driver and is away most of the week but its what he wants as much as i do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back