Any advice for stinky colds...

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Amber has a really bad cold so much so she wakes in the morning and she has snot everywhere on her face!

I am putting that vapour rub on her chest to make sure it doesnt develop into a cough also but is there anything else i can do, feel helpless she is crying loads and finding it very hard to settle during the night - i am knakered! :sleep:

any replies are appreciated x

:wave:

I was told not to use vapour rub when they are little...

You could try putting a pillow under the matress so her head is elevated, also being in a steamy room help loosen stuff a bit.

It's horrible when you can't just fix them isn't it? :hug:

You can also use a vicks plug-in.

I find either putting a really wet towel over the radiator or taking a kettle into the room and boiling it a few times to make the air moist really helps to unclog the snot, along with raising the mattress with a pillow as someone said. :)

Haydens got a horrible cold too bless them, its heartbreaking!
i'm using a karvol plug in plus i put a few drops of karvol on
his bed sheet, erm i have also put vapour rub on his back and front
as hes really chesty.
i've been using medised as it has a decongestant and helps
dry up the snotty nose, he sleeps a lot better with that as his nose
isnt all snuffly.
hope Amber gets better soon x

Have you tried Calpol? Calpol during the day and Calpol Night in the evening before going to sleep. :hug: Hope Amber gets better soon!

I used Karvol when Asher had a cold. Just 2 drops on the hood of his moses basket each side to help him breathe.

It can be used from 3 months upwards. I don't actually put it on him though, as he'd surely manage to eat some of it!!

K.xx

what is medised? never heard or seen it or am i being dumb?

I highly recommend olbas oil children, jess had a cold just before christmas we put drops on a tissue (tells you how many on back of box) and put it right at the top of the cot out of reach and it really helped her, she was still her smiley self. You can't put it on their body though. Hope this helps. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back