not liking moses basket??? any advice!??

lisas_lil_girl

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has had or is having the same problem as me!!

my little girl is 4 weeks old and she goes through stages of not settling in her moses basket, i am up all night wwith her and she dosent even like it in the daytime either!!

i have tried putting a blanket underneath her to make it not so cold wen she goes in there but she still hates it!!

has anyone ever had this problem?? any advice?!?!? x

I had the same problem with Adam.

I gave in and stopped using it. We think it was because he is more enclosed in the moses basket than in a crib or a cot.

We decided to move the cradle upstairs and use that at night instead of the moses basket. It is slightly better but not much. Adam is going through a stage of wanting to be held all the time so it's difficult to tell just how well he will settle in the crib.

thanks for ur reply,

im thinking of putting her in the cot, but i have the moses basket right next to my and tried to gradually moved her away a little bit so she wasnt used to me being right next to her, that didnt work and that night i was very naughty and cos she wouldnt settle i put her in bed with me. that next night she slept soudnly in the basket!!!!

i dont want to put her in bed with me and definatly dont want her to get used to it as i am on my own and find it really hard as it is!!

Being a co-sleeper I would advise that as a guaranteed solution, but otherwise a few things you can try are, putting something in the basket that smells of you, slightly raising it at the head end, some LO's don't really like being flat, Get her to sleep on you, but on a cushion on you, then move her to the basket, or lay with her on your bed till she's asleep, then try moving her to the basket.

She is still little, so she may be a little unsure of being far from you in something she cannot see out of. Sit next to her whilst she's in her basket and stroke her face and talk quietly to her, see if that sends her off to sleep.

Sorry I cannot help much, Isaac was the same, so just ended up with him in bed with us, he now sleeps fine in his cot.

Very best wishes, talk to your HV too if it's gettin to you, LO's can be full on 24/7 demand and its not easy so get some support where you can, and always come here to talk if you feel down, you will find support here and excellent, real advice and experience :hug: :hug: :hug:

Keep her close to your bed hun, she sounds like she wants to be close to her mummy.....you won't be doing any harm with her being close.

We had no problems with Libby moving into her cot in her won room, even though she spent 3 months sleeping in her moses right next to our bed (alongside me).

There are a few things you can try:

Sleep with her sheets for a day before you make the bed (I used to 'wear' the clean sheets for the day tucked under my bra & top (Obviously if I wasn't go out anywhere :wink: ) then make the moses so that it smelt of me.

Raise the head end of the moses slightly (use a thick book to prop up one end of the stand - its only a slight raise you are after)

If you are trying to get her to sleep in a different room to where you have spent the daytime, let her get used to the temp....so rather than just moving her into the separate room, and hoping she'll sleep (which may be warmer or colder) sit with her in that room (watch TV or read or feed her etc) for about 45mins to an hour before you want her to settle in there for the night.

I used to rest one of my hands on her chest when she was a little unsettled, and leave it there until she went to sleep (took less time each night) - I think she liked the reassurance that I was there with her, and made her feel like she was lying on me as I tried to equal the pressure of her leaning against something (firm but bit heavy handed....then slowly remove your hand when she is asleep).

Try to sing her to sleep, or stroke her face as she is lying in the basket.

She's not used to being in the outside world yet, she will still be adjusting, so she needs time, but you'll get there.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :hug:

thanks for all ur replies!

now feel like a bit of a wolly! had a really good night last night wiht her, she slept well and went 4 hourly between feeds! up until midday today! in which we both stayed in our pj's!

i have kept her close and i thinhk im going to have to order her cot sooner rather than later. went she sleeps, she has her arms up over her head in front of her face! something shes always done!

lets hope she does the same again tonight! bless her!

ive tried getting her into a routine. bath pj's feed, light off etc. but she doesnt seem to adapt but i think im probably going to keep with it!

xx

I lined the bottom with one of my worn nighties & also rolled up a blanket tightly up the side so it was cosier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back