• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any advice for a clingy baby

leannesxb

Reaction score
With all AJs problems he has become incredibly clingy. He will not go down to sleep and gets himself in a state if I try to put him down when he is tired. Once he is asleep if I then try to put him down he will scream within a few minutes. How do I stop this clinginess and get him to sleep in a moses or cot overnight instead of in our bed. We have no time to ourselves which isn't helping matters at the moment and he has no routine. HELP!!!!

Interested in answers to this. Tilly chops is exactly the same!

Alyssa was a bit like that and i just kept picking her up and soothing her then putting her down again if she got woked up, if she just grizzled id pat her, hold her hand or stroke her cheek. it seemed to work. shes still a bit of a pain to put down, goes easiest in the pram cos i can rock her if she disturbes but mostly i have to put her down when shes fast about 30 mins afer she falls asleep. not easy when she weighs a stone!

I'd be interested in answers here too.

My little boy, will fall asleep and if i put him in the moses basket or crib, no matter how much tapping, rubbing his cheek, he wakes up and screams the place down.

Max has become the same! Falls asleep on me fine but wakes up when I've put him down!

Xxx

i'm in this club too, hes currently napping in my moby wrap at the moment :wall:

just resorted to ordering a couple of books from amazon to see if i can get some tips!

Have no advice hun sorry but hope you all figure it out :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

I'm stalking this thread too, same problem at mo xx

This isn't really constructive but Charlie was exactly the same, in the end we got a snuggie nest from ebay, it let's you co sleep but its a barrier so you can't roll on them. We did try putting our clothes in his crib, making crib warm, tilting the crib putting him on his side...but nothing. At 3 months I started napping him in his crib then in his own crib at night and he just got on with it and didn't need us then. Sorry its not helpful. This is similar to the best we had, and we had him in the middle of the bed

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=200755392243&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=99309301349

I'm in this boat and am trying to get out of it!

Last night I went in 8 times between 3 and 5. I resisted picking him up for an hour and just stroked his face, said it was sleepy time and left the room. The last time I went in I did pick him up. Within a minute he was asleep so knew he was def tired! I put him back down and said the same and walked out. Tbh I think by then he was pooped so it seemed to work.

He's been napping on me too. Yest I managed to get him to nap in rocker and once in cot. I tried cot this morning and he lasted 10 mins. I kept him up there an hr as he was just chatting away to himself. Now I'm in the situation where he hasn't napped yet. We're going out at lunch so am thinking 20min car journey will send him off.

It's tough isn't it? I so wanted to just take him into our room last night as so much easier. I'm going to try to stick to keeping him in cot and see how we get on.

Good luck.
X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have found that perseverence is the key, harrison has regressed with his night time sleep but we seem to have the day time naps sorted at the moment. I put him down and if he moans I put his dummy back in and tuck him in again and walk away and do this untill he is asleep, the first few times takes forever but now I put him in his pushchair and he falls straight asleep!! Have no advice at night time tho, guess I havent got the patience at night!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back