Anxiety/chest pains How will I cope leaving Ruby...

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Have been suffering with chest pains lately, doc thinks its anxiety and has put me on anti depressants for a while...

I was on them last year after a bad spell of palpatations/chest pains and I had lots of tests on my heart etc. They put it down to a viral infection, but I was in a vicious circle which caused panic attacks as I was convinced it was serious heart condition!! I felt ok after a few months, and came of the tablets when I found out I was PG...felt wondefull all through pregnancy.

The pains are really driving me mad, they get worse when I am stressed or anxious. I know it cant be my heart, I would be dead by now surely if it was!!???

Things got bad today, tried to go to Sainsburys with my sister, leaving Ruby at mums...my chest hurt so much, I got upset and had a panic attack..sis had to take me back to mums.

OH and I are supposed to be going for a meal tomorrow night, mum is having Ruby overnight so we can have a break...what if I have a repeat of today??? I couldnt bear it, OH is really looking forward to us going out as we havent been out for so long.

OH isnt very sympathetic with me, he doesnt understand the panic attacks or chest pains.

I am beginning to feel like I am going mad, I wish I could not worry about the pains, as I am sure worrying is making them worse...

Sorry to waffle on, had to write it all down as I cant talk to OH, and my mum and sis worry and fuss which I dont want either. I just want to feel normal again and happy :cry:

Hi, I dont suffer from chest pains but I think I do get anxiety at times and its become one hundred times worse since becoming a mam. I know that with myself I tend to wind myself up about things which in turn just brings on the anxious sicky feeling that I was worried about getting in the first place! For tomorrow night just try and relax about it, you are probably putting pressure on yourself by worrying about how you are going to feel? Its natural to worry when you leave baby for the first time I think so by realising its pretty normal that might make it not seem so bad? There are loads of us feeling the same so dont feel alone with it, if you feel worried about going out why not get a bottle of wine and a take away instead? You can always get Ruby back home if you dont feel comfortable with it, eh? :hug:

i had theses after having kieron and lasted for about a year was always worse when i was upset but came on anytime and i was told it was stress and was put onanti d's

Jen79 said:
if you feel worried about going out why not get a bottle of wine and a take away instead? You can always get Ruby back home if you dont feel comfortable with it, eh? :hug:

I agree! you will most prob be more comfy at home.

:hug:

you ever need a chat, you know where we are! :hug: :hug:

I don't know about the anxiety but I completely understand you don't want to leave your precious princess!! I have only left Leorah with her Dad and she is nearly 5 months!! i agree have a take away and a bottle at home. Maybe the first time you leave Ruby you could go for lunch instead, this is what I am going to do ... soon...sometime...ok maybe by the time she's 5 :lol:

We don't go out on evenings either. Though I do now leave Ellie at nursery during the day while I go to work.

Well, we have been out, dropped her at mums earlier, left her cooing and beig cuddled by Grandad! We came home and slept soundly for few hours, got ready and went for lovely meal.

Home now with bottle of wine...have rang mum a few times and Ruby is being an angel!! :angel: :cheer: Mum keeps sending me cute texts updates from Ruby!!

I feel a bit lost without her here, it feels so weird! I cant wait to kiss her tomorrow.

Havent got anxious all night, coped really well considering I was so worried about it :oops:

:cheer: Excellent Zoe! I am so glad you had a fab night. You have given me the courage to leave Leorah with her grandparents now so thanks :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back