antidepressants

xxKateBxx

Reaction score
has anyone had any problems coming off ssri antidepressants? I have stopped mine slowly due to ttc, but am having horrendous 'brain zaps', dizziness and generally feeling poo. its quite frightening.

just wondered if anyone has been thru anything similar and can offer some advice?

thank you

katexx

I had SSRI anti depressants When I had PND with my oldest son. I had a few Dizzy spells and got some really bad headaches when I was coming off mine. I don't know that theres that much you an do about it but try not to worry as it does pass. It may be worth speaking to your doctor to make sure you are coming off them slowly enough.

Good luck :hug:

iv been on seroxat (paroxetine) and prozac (fluoxetine) and both times i was on them before i just stopped taking them suddenly (not recommended u supposed to come off gradually) i didnt notice any "brain-zaps" tho sorry i cant help. hope ur ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes I had this, felt like electric shocks to the brain, was awful. It goes away after a few days hun. You may find yourself really bad tempered and impatient too, if you do this will go after a few days too. I nearly went back on my pills due to this as I thought I wasnt coping without them but gave it a few days and have been great ever since :hug: :hug:

thanks for replying. :hug: :hug: the last two days have been truly horrific, I'm just hoping I wake up in the morning and they'll have eased off a little.

Snuggle - see you on the other board!! :D

katexx

Hello Friends......

• Moderate to severe depressive illness (Not mild depression).
  • Severe anxiety and panic attacks
  • Obsessive compulsive disorders
  • Chronic pain
  • Eating disorders
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members