antidepressants

xJuliex

Reaction score
hi, iv been on antidepressants (citalopram) since last novemeber due to a bout of SAD. i take them every morning apart from the odd morning where iv forgot. This pregnancy iv been suffering from really really bad sickness, so bad sometimes i cnt even get up, and i hve a 3 yer old to look after so as you can imagine this isn't ideal. a couple days ago i forgot the tablet and i felt fine all day, no sickness at all, so missed it the dy after and no sickness at all again. took it today and feel really poorly again! I had to take my son tot he asthma clinic today so i had a word with the nurse and shes made me an appointment with my doctor next week but strongly advised me to not just stop taking them. Anybody else have any experience in something similar, i don't know what to do but i can't cope feeling this poorly for much longer :( xx

I am bi-polar-1 hun and i have cold turkeyed off my meds, i was on lithium. Gp said its best to try not taking anything although said i could wean if i wanted to.... i have been ok so far ( haven't had a hypo manic episode since my teens anyways ) just a little more down than usual from time to time but I know its worth it. Citalopram gave me upset stomach when I wasnt pregnant and made me more anxious than i ever was lol. Its hard but worth it, i cold turkeyed off smoking too when i found out and was advised not to do that but i was ok as long as i occupy myself :)

Last edited:
20mg, i suggested to the nurse that i halfed my tablet but she said just stick with it till i see my doctor. think im just going to take them at night so i dont have to go all day being sick. Then if the doctor says i can come off them do that. Im not too sure i'll be ok though as it means going all through winter without them and thats when my depression is at its very worst! x

go see your GP hun see what he says, with me it is just all the time, but having a baby has lifted my mood ( until yesterday and today for some reason ) so i seem to be ok without mine, and i was on a low dose anyway. :) if you have SADs then gpoing without through winter will be hard for you :hugs:

I was on citalopram a couple of years ago and i decided to take myself off them, I cut them down so i was taking them every second day, then everythird. To be honest i got a row from my doc cos i did it during the winter and apparently thats a really bad time to try coming off antidepressents.

Maybe you could discuss taking them every other day with ur doc so that you still get some lift from them, but dont feel ill every day.

xxx

i have seen a programme where they can do uv therapy for SAD instead of taking the tabs. in the winter you just get to spend a bit of time under a uv light and its supposed to lift your mood as your getting the same amount of light radiation you would in the summer sun. my nan had SAD and so i know its a tough thing to have to suffer thru.
id ask the doc about that kind of therapy if you dont wanna take tabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back