Antibiotics

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
I have got a localised infection in my stitches and have got antibiotics to take. I'm a bit worried that this going to affect my breastfeeding. Anyone else taken antibiotics whilst feeding?

Yes! a lot! I also had infection (in section scar) and was on and off antibiotics a lot (tunred out me and lo had caught mrsa-v rare though, not trying to worry you more!!) it did not affect my milk at all. Apparently it can make the milk a bit bitter but i didn't notice any reaction from LO. I assume the doc prescribing know you were breasfeeding?? as some antibiotics can't be taken while bfing. Hope the infection goes soon x

Yes, went back to hospital last night and was feeding Isla while we were waiting so the mw and doctor know I'm feeding and I did double check that the ones I've got are ok to take.

I've got metronizadole - that's the one that can make the milk taste funny. Took the first one at about 1am and she seems to be feeding ok do far.

Fingers crossed they won't upset her too much.

I was on antibiotics for a couple of weeks after having Evelyn and she was fine. They wouldn't give you them if it could mess too much with feeding your baby.
Hope you feel better soon.x

I'm on them now for a sinus infection and oscar is fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back