anti-d's question (bit taboo!)

trixipaws

Reaction score
as some of u kno i am awaiting psych. treatment but i am on a 12-month waiting list- in the meantime i was pondering on getting anti-d's as i found them somewhat useful in the past.

but one side-effect which REALLY puts me off going on them again was they really interfered with sex! i dont mean loss of drive i am talking about the actual act- ad's made orgasms really difficult to achieve- it was very frustrating!

iv been on seroxat (paroxetine) and prozac (fluoxetine), i was just wondering if anyone knows of any other types without this annoying side effect?!?

I was on mirtazipine (sp) in the past and that didnt affect sex drive or orgasms. :D

I was on escitalopram and citalopram, and had this :( how annoying heh!!!!

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!??!?!one!!?eleven?!!!?!?!

My Dr didnt tell me this...!! Pah, not like im getting any anyway, if I get the urge I wont bother in this case :lol:

I'm on fluoxetine and it does make it harder to orgasm (though not impossible), but it's much preferable to how I was feeling before I started them, when sex was the last thing on my mind anyway! :lol: I'd rather not cum for a few months than end up harming myself or my kids :shock:

thats it u see for me its not too much of an issue IMO if i dont go on them. i am not depressed im quite a happy upbeat person generally- but i dont eat enough and am a bit mental that way i think until i get my counselling the pills may help me behave a bit more normal. but i kno i still wont be 100% normal so its just evalutating whether the benefits outweigh the annoying side effect! will maybe ask about mirtazipine try that one thanx jen :D

I remember once thinking, my god!! Im gonna go and get the brillo pad in a minute :rotfl:

My OH is on Seroxat. It does affect his sex drive. He is weaning himself off them as he does not really need them, but you cant just stop taking them either. Ever since hes been coming off them he is far hornier! Its amazing :lol: They made him put so much weight on too, he always craves carbs because of the seroxat. Im personally quite against them because it is so hard to come off them but if they work for you then great! Apparently doing some exercise like a brisk walk/quick sprint will have the same affect on your seratonin levels as taking a pill.

It's hard to get dressed somedays when you've got pnd, let alone go for a sprint :lol:

Yeah I would say mirtazipine is a good antidepressant in so far as it doesnt seem to have any dodgy side effects. It does make you pretty tired at first and gives an increased appetite(I was only sleeping about 2 or 3 hrs a night before I went on it and straight away I slept 7 or 8 hrs so it was amazing) but you get used to it quick and the drowsiness and stuff wears off. It doesnt seem to be all that widely used, its newer than seroxat but similar in function etc, I found it was excellent. :D

trixipaws said:
as some of u kno i am awaiting psych. treatment but i am on a 12-month waiting list- in the meantime i was pondering on getting anti-d's as i found them somewhat useful in the past.

but one side-effect which REALLY puts me off going on them again was they really interfered with sex! i dont mean loss of drive i am talking about the actual act- ad's made orgasms really difficult to achieve- it was very frustrating!

iv been on seroxat (paroxetine) and prozac (fluoxetine), i was just wondering if anyone knows of any other types without this annoying side effect?!?

I basically don't have sex any more :roll: but in terms of orgasm I can confirm that Fluoxetine affected it... I found the first one OK but really struggled after that and I'm used to at least 20 in a row :rotfl:

Citalopram and Sertraline don't seem to have the same effect so perhaps try one of these. Actually hun in your position I'd go for Sertraline as it's used to treat OCD as well as depression. It's really helped me and I am in a similar position to you eating wise.

:hug: best of luck xxxx

Oh and Mirtazapine (sp?) has a sedative effect so I would avoid that one unless you fancy feeling spaced out and knackered!! :rotfl:

The way I felt at the time 'spaced out' suited me just fine lol :)

Seriously though, I know what you mean Debecca but I got used to it pretty quick and didnt really feel any different to normal after a couple of days. We all react to meds in different ways I suppose.

I've been on quite a few different ones, all with horrible side effects. I am currently on Sertraline and Trazodone but still get the annoying side effects such as low sex drive. :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back