Antenatal class.

ishah2124

Reaction score
Antenatal classes.

I have been offered to go down to one tomorrow, obviously I would go with my parter but I don't feel comfortable about going for some reason :???: I'm a really quite person and I dont think my self esteem is so high either lol.

Do you think I could just look on-line and watch videos ect about labour and birth...or is it actually worth going. It's a 2 hour class.

I haven't gone to any classes or booked any in. I'm like you and a shy quiet person and don't like group things. My midwife has agreed that if I think it will make me more stressed and worried, then I shouldn't go. There are a lot of books, info on the net and people out there that will be able to help.

People who have gone may say it's worth it though, I can't comment on that side of things.

I went to all of mine and they were so helpful. Everyone is really friendly and the midwives who took them were lovely. Honestly don't be nervous about going alone, there is no tests or anything anf they just speak to you and tell you things. I learnt a lot that I wouldn't have know or had read contradictory info online about. There were 3 girls at mine who came alone every week. All of them were quiet but they got on fine. I would go if I were you, its also a good chance to meet people from your local area so if you get on you can hang out together once your babies are here. Good luck xx

I haven't gone to any classes or booked any in. I'm like you and a shy quiet person and don't like group things. My midwife has agreed that if I think it will make me more stressed and worried, then I shouldn't go. There are a lot of books, info on the net and people out there that will be able to help.

People who have gone may say it's worth it though, I can't comment on that side of things.

Yeah, you know what I mean lol. I love your pic, the baby pic!
yeah, I have read so much about birth ect I suppose they may say the same.

I went to all of mine and they were so helpful. Everyone is really friendly and the midwives who took them were lovely. Honestly don't be nervous about going alone, there is no tests or anything anf they just speak to you and tell you things. I learnt a lot that I wouldn't have know or had read contradictory info online about. There were 3 girls at mine who came alone every week. All of them were quiet but they got on fine. I would go if I were you, its also a good chance to meet people from your local area so if you get on you can hang out together once your babies are here. Good luck xx

I get really nervous honestly, Ive always been like that lol! its not a good thing I would go with my partner obv but he is also quite lol!

Rather than having to put opinions forward you could just sort of sit back and listen to what is said and just kind of keep to yourselves iykwim? If you have any questions then maybe wait for everyone else to leave and then have a quiet word with the midwife on your own etc? I'm sure that any extra help and advice that you would get will come in handy - from what i hear a lot of it is just working with your partner.

I'm going on three, but o/h is working so I'll be going on my own x

its really worth going if you can hunny. there were a few quiet people at my class and they kept themselves to theirselves, no one will make you do anything xxx

I did end up going even though I was so two minded and guess what?

I REALLY ENJOYED IT :lol::lol:

great news! so glad you went :yay: xx

yeahhh :) I got so nervous when I got there but there was only us and one other couple so there wasn't even lots of people there, it was for 2 hours and learnt quite alot really, especially how to think positive and now i'm thinking different and not so scared :dance::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back