another post lol - Sleep

caz2008

Reaction score
Hi, our son seems to take a while to settle on the night he doesnt settle till about 2am he sleeps in a moses basket.
i just wondered when he sleeps through day instead of putting him in his bouncer would putting him in his basket get him into a routine of knowing the mosesbasket is for sleeping.
Also - does anyone know the maximum weight for moses baskets?

i would imagine a baby will get too big for a basket before it gets too heavy if you know what i mean, usually when they bang their hands etc on the sides it wakes them up so time to move them up a step :D

At first I kept Kieran in his bouncer in the day and he just wouldn't sleep in there which made him a nightmare to get to sleep at night because he was over tired. I started putting him in his moses basket and he slept in there fine in the day and because he had sleep in the day he was fine at night aswell :)

Don't think there is a maximum weight for a moses basket. I moved Kieran when his head was near the top and he kept hitting his arms on the sides.

thank you ill try that... he takes ages to get of to sleep on night he doesnt settle till 1 am at earliest :sleep:

caz2008 said:
Hi, our son seems to take a while to settle on the night he doesnt settle till about 2am he sleeps in a moses basket.
i just wondered when he sleeps through day instead of putting him in his bouncer would putting him in his basket get him into a routine of knowing the mosesbasket is for sleeping.
Also - does anyone know the maximum weight for moses baskets?

He's still young and it'll take a while yet for him to learn about night and day and that people generally sleep at night.

I never had Galen sleep in his bouncer in the day. Just something I don't like to do. He always slept in his basket downstairs then I'd take it up at night for him.

Like your LO he didn't settle for ages sometimes at night. But he was newborn. Once he got to about 12 weeks he got the hang of nights being for sleep.

No weight limit for basket, generally out of it by a few months old though.

btw, probably better to post your stuff in the Parenting section now your LO is here :) Thats where we move to once our LO's arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back