Another cookery question....

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hello!!

It is my turn to have my NCT group over for lunch next Thursday. There are 5 of us and most are veggie. We usually did quiche/pizza/salad etc, but now people have been cooking 'proper' dishes. I am quite scared as I feel shy about sharing my culinary talents with anyone except my OH. I thought about veggie curry, but not sure they will like my version. What veggie dish could I serve up that is relatively easy to do? Or that I could do in my slow cooker? Any recipes or help would be much appreciated.

Dishes others have done already are: Macaroni cheese, veg chilli, veg lasagne, mushroom lasagne. (I hate mushrooms, lol)

What about using some seasonal veg?

How about making a really tasty butternut squash soup (I have a lovely recipe for butternut squash soup with orange if you'd like it?) and serving it with lots of crusty bread and butter?

Xxx

Valentine bet me!! I was going to say Butternut Squash Soup.

How about roasting some veggies in Balsamic with some tortilla wraps and salad?

MINTED PEA PASTA BOWS
70g pasta bows
Low fat cooking spray
100g frozen peas
2 ­ 3 mint leaves
Squeeze of lemon juice
250ml vegetable stock made with stock cube
1 tsp. grated Parmesan
1 tomato sliced
Chunk of cucumber sliced

Cook the peas in the stock with the mint leaves. Puree and add black pepper to taste and a squeeze of lemon juice. Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Once ready, drain the pasta and stir in the pea mint puree. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with a tomato and cucumber salad

oh wow!!! thank you for your help, they all sound great!!! Not sure which one to do - may try making all of them this week and see which one comes out best!!!!

My FIL is trying to give away butternut squash from his allotment so the soup recipe would be fantastic!! Thank you!

Thank you all so much, you're so lovely. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Butternut squash is lovely in a risotto too :)

spiced butternut squash soup...

1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 chopped onion
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 pints water
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes.

Put everything in a pan, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 25 mins. Liquidise.

Simple but yummy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back