Announcement about MrsG

Congratulations on birth of your baby girl. Looking forward to photo's and birth story.... get well soon! :D
Emilia xx

Congrats!!!!! Looking forward to hearing the story and seeing some pics!

L x

CONGRATULATIONS MRS G!! Hope you are ok and that you are recovering well.

Fluffy. xx :lol:

Hi all,

We are now home so thought id better get up to date on here! Strange isn’t it the things you think about.
Many many thanks to you all for your congrats and kind words.

here’s my birth story: -

I was all set for being induced on Thursday 16th evening had not had any pains twinges or anything at all, all day Monday. Went to bed as normal Monday evening. Woke to go for a wee (as usual many times in the night) and thought I was about to wet the bed! Realised quickly that it must have been my waters going. This was 11:25 figured I would be in very early labour for hours so DH and I decided to try and get back to sleep. Pains started almost straight away and I found it too uncomfortable to lie down, we went down for a cuppa and I sat on my birthing ball for a while. We were trying to time the contractions but were getting a bit muddled, and I was also still constantly leaking fluid every time I moved so we called the MW. She said to go in to the birth centre to be checked out. Once there they asked about my waters colour etc, and looked at the pad I was wearing. (very bizarre having two midwives scrutinizing the inside of your knickers) they then advised that they thought they could detect meconium on my pad. Said it was all very normal for a baby who was already ten days late. Decided to monitor me a while longer, did the usual checks etc and both midwifes felt and checked my belly to see where the baby was and both said " oh yes def head is fully engaged I cant feel any above the pelvis". When I was checked again there was a definite amount of meconium so they said I had to transfer to the consultant led hospital as a precaution and couldn’t have my baby at the birthing centre. By this time it was about 02:45 in the morning. So DH and I set off to the General hospital, Leicester. I will always remember that as the car journey from hell, having regular contractions squashing in a car seat with a seat belt was not a pleasant experience, I was clinging onto the dashboard at times! Hospital was 18 miles away from the BC. Finally got to the hospital and was taken in and told me they wanted to do a trace scan. Trace scan was fine and she confirmed I was having regular contractions and finally asked if I would like the gas and air! Relief ahhhhhh I’ve never been so happy in all my life to be passed that mouth piece, and yes I agree with all the other mothers who have already said it, gas and air is amazing!

After a while the MW said she would do an internal to see where we were, and confirmed I was 3cm dilated. I was overjoyed at the point, thinking right 7 more to go. Then she said I have some bad news I think your baby is breech!!!!!!! They called in a doctor who did a scan and confirmed that the baby was definitely breech and we would have to go for a C-section. I can honestly say at this point I really didn’t care and just wanted my baby. Things then went quite quickly, I was in theatre by 05:00 am, my DH was all gowned up etc and had to wait in another room while they got me ready. Once ready he was allowed back in to me and Charlotte was born five mins later at 05:46 am. All in all it wasn’t a bad experience, nothing like I had hoped or planned but it really doesn’t matter now, and it has not put me off at all I am definitely still having a second child when we are ready.

Poor you, you could have had baby earlier if they saw it was breech!!!

She's beautiful :clap:

Awwww well done! She's lovley...exactly the same thing happened to my friend, she was breech and didn't know it!

awww shes a real sweetie well done hunny xxxx

Aww she's gorgeous, congratulations Tracey!

Lucy

she is gorgeous - congratulations... hope the stitches heal quickly for you... well done.

x

:dance: Congratulations!!What a beautiful little lady!!Well done!! :clap:

I think I may have said this before :wink: , but she is absolutely georgeous!!!! Even though all she did was frown at me!! :?

Can't wait to see her again soon. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back