Angus cactus

Jacko

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!!

Looking for some advice please!! I do have 2 children (previous partner). I have polycystic ovary syndrome! I have regularish periods between 30-34 days! Although I have regular periods I don't think I ovulate. My periods are fairly light and bright pink. For about 3 days max. I had injectabls for my first born and 2nd was natural within the fertile 6 months.
I have gained weight and hair lol 😂 so think my periods ovaries are playing up!

I can't rely on opk as I still get the surge!

So how do you lovely ladies with PCOS know if u have ovulated?

Anyway woukd Angus cactus kick start ovulation along with loosing weight x

Hi, I know I'm ovulating from cervical mucus and temping.

I tried agnus castus but it just made my cycles worse. I know it works for a lot of women though!

The best things I can recommend to help sort your cycles out (mine were really messed up) are:

- High dose cinnamon and chromium in one tablet
- Myo-inositol (a powder that can just be mixed in with water)
- NAC
- maca (you can get it in tablets or powder form - I prefer the tablets)

I'd say start with the top two and then maybe maca (which is for general hormone balance) and finally NAC, if you can. I appreciate this is a lot!

Hope this helps.

Katie xx

Oh and I have regular periods too, although mine are the opposite - really heavy with really bad cramps that sometimes make me be sick. They tend to be lighter with not as much pain when I do ovulate (weirdly).

I also tend to get pain on the day I ovulate, a bit like period cramps.

Hiya Jacko,
As you have regular cycles I would be reluctant to take AC. I also have pcos but wasn't having regular cycles (very messed up due to mc) so I tried AC, it did shorten my cycles and I had I think 3 'normal' cycles taking it but then randomly it seemed to stop working. I don't know if it was coincidence or if it did affect my first few cycles taking it in a good way.

I do opks so I know if we are in with a chance, the only way I know if I did ov at the time is if AF arrives two weeks later. You could try temping, although it doesn't always work for people with pco but used together with opks might give you a reasonable guess.

All the doctors say losing weight (if you are over, or gaining if you are under) is one of the best things for pco. However having pco can make it really difficult and it is something I've struggled with a lot over the years.

I try to control my pco with diet. Low gi is good, high protein and good fats also good. Switch to wholemeal pasta/rice/bread if you don't eat it already and whole milk/full fat dairy products are better for your body than low fat and skimmed. If you can get sugar down to a minimum also good, pco sufferers are often very sensitive to sugars (also watch out for it in fruit).

I take a massive range of supplements. I'm on inositol, chromium, saw palmetto, milk thistle, B and D vitamins (often pco ladies are deficient in vitamin D), cinnamon. Does any of it work?! I don't know, I'm still childless but I do feel better, I sleep better, I don't have a problem with my skin, I don't feel as edgy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back