Angelsounds - your opinions please

Thanks everyone!

On reflection, and listening to all of your advice - I think I probably will wait until after the scan, as that way even if I can't find the heartbeat straight away I know the baby is there! Think will be nice and useful during the long wait between that scan and the next one though!

Thanks again for all your opinions and advice xxx

They really are fab - when you have the scan you're on a high for a few days, and then all the old paranoia starts creeping back in :wall:

So being able to hear the heartbeat is great.

And OMG BabyBlonde, you're 9 weeks gone already!! :cheer: That's flown by - I'll get a comfy seat in tri 2 bagsied for you :lol:

I had the same dilema and have decided to wait till after the 12 wk scan for all the reasons stated above!

Chopsie said:
They really are fab - when you have the scan you're on a high for a few days, and then all the old paranoia starts creeping back in :wall:

So being able to hear the heartbeat is great.

And OMG BabyBlonde, you're 9 weeks gone already!! :cheer: That's flown by - I'll get a comfy seat in tri 2 bagsied for you :lol:

Aw thanks Chopsie - it has started to go a bit quicker now!

I got one as don't believe I am pregnant despite the tests....but can't find heartbeat, I am quite chilled out about is I figure;

1) I am overweight.
2) my baby is just over 12 weeks old

although it is fun listening to your own heart beat!

I just wouldn't want you to worry

Hi hon,

I reckon you should get one now. I got one when I lost the twin and couldn't hear anything until after my scan (I've heard it now) but you are really slim so you should be able to hear earlier. It does depend on you being able to deal with it if you can't hear it though, would you panic or be ok? I was ok surprisingly...

Thanks Ellie :hug:

Think we're probably going to wait - mainly because I don't get paid til the end of next week, at which point there's only about 10 days to wait anyway :lol:

BUT am thinking might order one when I do get paid, as by the time it arrives it will be about right anyway.

(soooooooo bad!) :rotfl:

shhh. but i'm ordering one at the end of this week. :oops:
i'll probably wait to use it, but once the mortgage and everything else goes out i probably wouldn't be able to justify it. So G's told me to order it on payday lol.
:cheer:
xx

Mine arrived this morning after waiting until Tri 2. Problem is I can't find a heartbeat. For some reason mine didn't come with gel but it said you could use water. I've tried all around the bottom half of my belly but nothing. Can anyone help me out?

yummy-mummy said:
Mine arrived this morning after waiting until Tri 2. Problem is I can't find a heartbeat. For some reason mine didn't come with gel but it said you could use water. I've tried all around the bottom half of my belly but nothing. Can anyone help me out?

I couldn't find mine at 13 weeks at first either, but I think I was looking in the wrong place.

I eventually found it just over my pubic bone, to the right of the middle (literally just above where my pubes finish - sorry for TMI!!) and I had to press quite hard, and leave the doppler still for a bit. I found a faint hearbeat - it sounds a bit like a speeding train and will be about 150-160bpm - so moved it around slightly until it got louder. It really was a case of move the slightest bit and you'd lose it though, so don't worry :hug:

Also, it really really helped to have the gel - mine came with some, and the more I used, the easier it was to find the heartbeat. I tried it without, and I couldn't even hear all the gurgling and wooshing that goes on in the stomach, so could be well worth investing in some :hug:

Chopsie - thank you so much! I moved the doppler down to levels I didn't think were needed and after using some aloe vera gel and pressing hard I eventually found it. It was so easy to miss and so easy to lose even once you'd found it. Managed to record it so just talking to mum and she's gobsmacked!

Thank you again.

Yay! Glad you found it - it's incredible, isn't it? :cheer:

It's also amazing how quickly the baby seems to move up too - mines just under my belly button now, and on the left hand side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back