doppler to buy or not to buy

elisesmum

Reaction score
So im 8 weeks today got an early scan thursday and i was hoping after that to by a doppler.. i know some usually dont work til 10-12 weeks so has anyone had one, how far along was you and which one did you use i probably wont order one til 9 weeks so just wanted to know your thoughts about them xx

I was adamant I wasn't going to get one, because some people have trouble finding the hb and I'd worry myself sick!!

But I caved...

Mine arrived this morning and I found the hb and placenta straight away. Its amazing to hear it!

I don't wana tell u to get one or don't get one, just thought I'd share my experience :) X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'll try stay out of it, as I felt a bit guilty for luring Jayjay over to the dark side, but omg it's the most amazing feeling when you sit and listen to that heartbeat.
HOWEVER, if one day I didn't find the heartbeat for whatever reason, all common sense would go out the window and I'd be sick with worry.

I think they can be a blessing and a curse xx

Pmsl Leesey!! I'm such a copy cat!! First it was the cheese and tomato sandwich u mentioned, I HAD to have one! Then the slushie which I sent hubby out for. Then the doppler lol!
I'm just gonna stop reading ur posts, ur a bad influence!! Lol xx

Pmsl Leesey!! I'm such a copy cat!! First it was the cheese and tomato sandwich u mentioned, I HAD to have one! Then the slushie which I sent hubby out for. Then the doppler lol!
I'm just gonna stop reading ur posts, ur a bad influence!! Lol xx

Mwahahahaha ;) xx

I'm not going to get one for two reasons -
1) frequent use is thought to be damaging to bubs and i know I'd want to hear it every day!
2) If I didnt find hb one day I'd be sick

I'm too neurotic lol x

im still in two minds whether to get one or not! I really really want one but i dont know how id react if I couldnt hear anything!!

xx

Hmmm im really still in two minds as im the same as everyone else if i didnt find the heart beat i would end up ringing a and e screaming lol my friend had one and i use to sit and listen to hers and it was amasing, hmmm i think im going to purchase one next week lol xx

Its amazing! Just used mine for the first time this pregnancy :D so reassuring! I think if you search hard enough you're more than likely find hb everytime, once you're used to it that is. Its just so reassuring to hear hb until you start to feel them moving :) then you don't need it anymore x x

I have the Angelsounds one. Very reasonable x x

I think it would be so amazing to listen to the heartbeat when you want.....but I know I'd go out of my mind if I couldnt find a heartbeat and I couldnt risk that!!! But it is entirely up to yourself, do what you feel is best for you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back