Anaemic

*CLAIREBEAR*

Reaction score
hi all! :D :wave:
i got my blood test results back from last friday today and im anaemic.
just started taking iron tablets so ive now got black poo and constipation to look forward to! :rotfl:
hey the joys of pregnancy eh! :doh:

Lovely.......you will be joining me on the lactulose soon (Im not even taking iron tablets yet) :D

Your MW is obviously very organised, I only had my bloods taken yesterday to check for anemia etc....

EllieBelle said:
Lovely.......you will be joining me on the lactulose soon (Im not even taking iron tablets yet) :D

Your MW is obviously very organised, I only had my bloods taken yesterday to check for anemia etc....

hello!! :wave:
whats lactulose?? :think:
ive never heard of that!! :think:
unfortunatley my MW care i feel is very poor,its my doctor who tested me as i went to see him for a check up last week and mentioned how tired i was still feeling so he got the bloods taken.
i have only seen my MW twice and im nearly 24 weeks!
the booking in appt was okay at 13 weeks but the last visit i was most disapointed with,she never even checked my blood pressure! (that was at 16 weeks)
i feel the care i get from my docs in much better then the MW.
:evil: grrrrrr! i next see her at 28 weeks.not sure what will happen at this one if the last visit is anything to go by!! :twisted:

Oh Lactulose is a lovely sugary solution that they give you to relieve constipation - works very well, and is a natural product, so harmless to baby - I dont think I could get by without it at the mo :) !

Your care doesnt seem great at all :( , I first saw my MW at 16 weeks (but that was because I was living in France before this), and then again at 25 weeks - and ever since its every 3 weeks.

She always checks blood pressure, checks fundus height, checks fetal heartbeat and I have to take a urine sample with me everytime which she dips there and then!

Do you take your maternity notes with you everytime as these are supposed to be filled out by the MW at every visit, and things like your blood pressure and urine are supposed to be recorded in case of any problems!

I would either complain, or have a word with her at the next visit and ask why she never takes your blood pressure etc!

Hope you get it sorted out hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back