Anaemia in early pregnancy *NEW UPDATE PAGE 2*

Whats the normal level that your level should be if your healthy etc? just out of interest?

happy_chick said:
Whats the normal level that your level should be if your healthy etc? just out of interest?

12-20

but a lot of people are lower than they realise, if you weren't pregnant and you were at a level 7 - 9, it wouldn't be deemed as a problem, change diet and tablets and you're on your way.

Mine has been low a good many times, only been taken twice into hospital but never had a blood transfusion. I was lucky huh

Thanks guys, explains why im tired then asmine was 9.5 but glad to know thats its not too low. I suspect it has dropped since my last blood test though as that was 7 weeks ago so ill be requesting another one asap.

Let us know how u get on Michelle x

i was just under 8 when i gave birth and they told me it was very likely id need a blood transfusion. - I was lucky and didnt in the end..I was very weak and very very VERY pale.

How could anyone survive on 5.5????????

happy_chick said:

12-20

but a lot of people are lower than they realise, if you weren't pregnant and you were at a level 7 - 9, it wouldn't be deemed as a problem, change diet and tablets and you're on your way.

Mine has been low a good many times, only been taken twice into hospital but never had a blood transfusion. I was lucky huh

Thanks guys, explains why im tired then asmine was 9.5 but glad to know thats its not too low. I suspect it has dropped since my last blood test though as that was 7 weeks ago so ill be requesting another one asap.

Let us know how u get on Michelle x

Well...................mw phoned. It was a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very healthy!!! Not even slightly anaemic!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

She was very apologetic, but to be honest, I can't be cross, I am just sooo relieved!

Hooray for being healthy!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Fantastic news hun, thought it must have been a mistake bet your so relieved! :hug:

That's fab news!

Just for the record... my best friend has very severe chrons disease and therefore her iron levels are awful. She has to have iron and blood transfusions on a semi regular basis.

She went through pregnancy last year and although she was very tired, pale and felt awful at times. she had a very healthy baby girl with no problems at all. She is suffering now but that's down to her chrons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back