Mixing Antibiotics

poppy160

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

The day before Christmas Eve I came down with a UTI, until getting pregnant I used to get them regularly, so I wasn't surprised it had calmed down after a few hours. Usually that's it..I drink lots to flush it away but it came back twice as bad on Christmas Eve and I had to go to the walk in center who prescribed me with Amoxicillin..so I'm currently taking that..then Christmas Day/Boxing day I caught a cold and this morning I woke up with a really swollen throat and have been feeling bad all day. When I took my tablet for the UTI I also took 2 Panadol tabs cause I felt so ill..is that going to have an effect on the baby? I didn't think about it at the time but now I'm worried!

panadol is just paracetamol so thats fine when pregnant
amoxicillin i think is ok....iv had a look in my pharmacy book and it doesnt mention anything...just says keep hydration levels up.....hope that helps?

That's great, thanks :) I think I'm just being a bit of a worrier! I'm assuming Amoxicillin is okay cause that's what the doc gave me..It's not the usual stuff they give for UTIs and they were fully aware I was pregnant, was just worried the 2 together would be harmful.

Exactly the doctor has given it so they know its gonna be ok....i was given cefalexin for mine and im TTC....

Hope you feel better soon...they are horrendous

amoxycilan is safe during pregnancy and very tasty :dance: i love the stuff.

thats what i have bn pescribed... gives me terrible thrush tho :( u can take co-codamol to if ur really ill.. ive had to the last 3 nights xx hope u feel better soon xx

Thanks guys..Paradysso what are you on? Amoxicillin makes me urge :puke: Lisa&Alex, I think I may be getting a bit of thrush so I'm off to Boots today to get some Vagisil and nip it in the bud...Ahh it seems never ending :(

Hi, hope you are feeling better now :pray: I wouldnt worry, they know your pregnant. I was extremely worried at first with all the meds I was taking ( paracetamol, codeine, buscopan, cefalexin, rinatadene, lactulose and oxybutin - 32 tablets a day :shock: )) not to mention pile and canestan cream, i've been on them since october and will be till bubs is born and kidney stones are removed, :puke: baby has been fine all the way through (at least one of us has :angel: ) so those 2 meds will be ok :D

Yeah I am feeling tonnes better today thanks to the paracetomol..so much better in fact that I'm going to brave the Sales today! Cleo, sounds like you're having a rough time with the Kidney Stones..I hear they're very painful :(

thats great news :D so pleased your feeling better :dance: hope you find some bargains :pray:

yup, I would rather go through labour 10 times over than what I have done already, at least thats a productive pain and you get something at the end of it inc it going away, kidney pain , when you get the attacks is a solid acute pain and can last (in my case anywhere between 3 hours and a wopping 18 :shock: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back