Am I'm convincing myself it's twins!!!

joanna0110

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Had my first MW app today. After all the usual form filling I told her i had heard the heart beat two days ago - which she thought was rather clever of me and because of this she said she would have a feel and maybe a listen. Hopped on the bed and she felt my tummy - starting from the pelvis bone working her way up she found the top of my uterus just below my tummy button - which i knew from self examination. I said thats the top of my uterus isn't it - she nodded - and replied that is not measuring as a 9wk old uterus and are you sure you have your dates right - thing is i'm positive - there is only one day it could have been.:shock:

She found the heart beat with relative ease although only breifly - thing is it was on the opposite side that i found it: It was really to the left, she found quite a way to the right. Aside from this i tell her that after three children this has been by far the worse for pregnancy symptoms, morning sickness, fatique like i've never known, headaches, a cold for 5 wks. She agreed hieghtened symtoms could be a sign of twims. The other thing that has had me worried from the start is that from 4 weeks i have had stretching pains - which i know are normal but have never experienced them before. These subsided by week 7, but have started again above my pelvic bone. I bought clothes a size bigger two weeks ago and they are already beginning to feel tight, although i have only put on 2lbs.

Anyway I know i am going on a bit so i'll finish with that i have just used my doppler to see if i could get two different heart rates. I found first exactly where i found it the last three times on left side, the highest reading i had was 154 - but i know it was higher but couldn't get a clearer reading. Searched the right side and found another one reading 174 - very clear heartbeat and reading!!!
There are twins in the family, my auntie has twins and her father is a twin both fraternal. I am getting far too excited whilst my hubby is looking rather worried!
MW parting words were that I had a scan in two weeks and will have to wait til then - two whole weeks!!!

Anyone else had a high uterus for dates - or experienced twins - any comments welcome:dance:

i have twins in my family my mw told me she thought she hurd two heart beats when i was pg with my first and i only had one. My hubby atm keeps asking me how the tripplets are coz i ovulated a few eggs this month lol i was like what eva to him haha!! told him just to wait for the scan but i know what you mean im only early and nearly throwing up i have 2 kids and i need maternity clothes already and its all in my tum :shock: but i bet its all in are heads :rotfl: im just excited i know i have released at least three eggs this month and consieved so im like eeeeee!!!!! scan hahaha and i found out only 7 days ofter ovulation with a pregnancy test so im like ooooooww excited my hubby keeps saying to me what if you released more eggs wharle you were asleep :shock: hahahaha :rotfl:

thats one word for it haha!! I have 2 already hehe!! but would be great as long as it was one or two i dunno what i would do with three :shock:

I'm the same two great, three would be sure to set in panic!

My fiance is desperate for twins and thinks there's a chance because his father is a twin - i don't rate my chances but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Ooh you can feel for your own uterus? I wanna do it! What am I feeling for? I dont think I've ever prodded around my abdomen before! I am suspicious that Im further along than I thought as a few weeks before my last AF I had leaky boobs, which really freaked me out! I was gonna test if AF was late but it showed up so I thought maybe my hormones are just on the blink. Then I didnt have another AF. Im struggling to wait til the 15th for my scan!

Ooh you can feel for your own uterus? I wanna do it! What am I feeling for? I dont think I've ever prodded around my abdomen before! I am suspicious that Im further along than I thought as a few weeks before my last AF I had leaky boobs, which really freaked me out! I was gonna test if AF was late but it showed up so I thought maybe my hormones are just on the blink. Then I didnt have another AF. Im struggling to wait til the 15th for my scan!

Hi Tiny, mine is so high that its hard not to feel it, but its almost like the end of a muscle or a ridge - yours should just be poking out above your pubic bone if its your first. Try gently feeling around and you'll feel a definate end to something - or you should do by week 11-12. I posted pic today let me know what you think page 711 i think

the way i would describe it is a bar of soap under your skin lol sounds wierd but thats what it will feel like when you get to the end of it mine feels really swollen already but im too early to feel it yet its just starting to poke near my hips hehe!! :) about the size of an orange atm mine is :) x might need to press in a little just dont over do it and use a flat hand i find using your fingers flat works best i did it with my other two as well :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back