• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I wrong not to change my plans?

doozer

Reaction score
Ok, so I found out I am pregnant on monday. Its sinking in, and I have to say I am very happy about it. My poor boyfriend has got colour back in his face...bless him...!

We had planned for me to go to Italy on my own for a month to teach on the 23rd (its a great opportunity and great pay), then my boyfriend is going to Andorra on the 29th for a couple of months...I was going to meet him over there at the end of feb and we were gonna head back to the UK in the summer (we were both raised in hot countries so cant handle the miserable weather!!).

I am due early sept so begin my third trimester on the 26th June. I am 6 weeks tomorrow.

So...I want to continue with our plans...but I have no idea what to expect. I know my hormones will go a bit wibbly - I burst in to tears in the supermarket yesterday...for no reason...so I guess thats gonna get worse! I have had no sickness yet - feeling a bit nauseous and v tired though.

Is it bad that I dont want the baby to change things?? As long as I am settled in one place by mid may (when I will be about 24 weeks)...Im not putting me or the baby in danger am I? I will have access to doctors and scans etc in Andorra.

This may sound like silly things to worry about...I just need to know Im not being selfish...I am eating really well and looking after myself...

Help. :pray:

Hello & congratulations on your news.

I think its a personal choice whether or not you change your plans but I can't see any reason why you shoudn't carry on as normal x

I can see no reason for you to change your plans either. Be prepared for the symptoms to be bad in the first trimester though - you may be lucky and get no sickness at all, or you may really suffer. Lots of women get very fatigued in the first tri too - but these will happen regardless of your location, so make the most of your opportunity and enjoy your travels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back