Am I wasting the doctors time?

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I've had to call the doctor this morning to get an appointment today as i feel dreadful. Got all ready for work but in the end couldnt go in. Over the last few days I have been being sick alot more frequently and lastnight I spent the entire night shivering in bed and my OH couldnt believe it because he was too warm. At the end of last week the bottom of my back was very sore, around my kidneys. I just feel exhausted with no energy whatsoever. Ialso feel this morning as if im getting an upset tummy. Am I being silly going to the doctor about this? xx

Last edited:
No hun, better get yourself checked out, might be an infection etc and can be easily treated

xx

No hun you sound really ill id go to the docs too. Hope you feeling better soon, think its this horrid weather too makes us all feel rubbish xx

I agree best to get it checked out hun xx

Ive got a feeling im dehydrated! Im in bed with all my clothes on and duvet over me and im still cold. I know i should be drinking lots of fluids but they make me feel sick. xx

You are not being silly going to see the doctor!

I know sickness is a symptom of pregnancy and we just have to cope - but severe sickness is very dangerous and the doctor can help you with it.

Let us know how you get on please hun

Good luck x

You won't be wasting anyones time hunni! You don't sound well at all. Hope the doc can help and you feel better soon!

Your not being silly hun, go doctor and they might be able to find out what the problem is and make you feel better, hope you feel better soon xxx

They have put me on antibiotics for a urine infection. Im not convinced thats whats up, felt like she was rushing to get me out cos they were closing early today x

Hiya hun glad you have got it sorted...... like I said when I posted before that it did sound like an infection, especially with the shivering and kidney pain, hope they took a sample from you?

Get well soon x

I dont know if a urine infection can make you feel like that? but at least that will be cleared up xxx

Thanks ladies. Yeah i googled it and some of the symptoms for it i do have. Especially the shivering! xx

I nursed for 12 years lol should of mentioned that before x

Oh well you will have lots of knowledge then :) I dont know why but i was just really huffy and moody when i came out docs and just thought 'she's wrong' haha. Poor doctor lol she was actually really nice. xx

Your not going to feel at the best anyway hun with pregnancy plus a UTI to top it off.... I think I would be feeling sorry for myself and hiding under the sheets crying wibble lol. At least you can get yourself well now and will feel alot better in a couple of days when the anti-biotics kick in but please remember to drink plenty of fluids x

Oh i know, my doctor told me i need to drink more. Im going to try my hardest as im probably making myself worse. Thanks :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back