am i the only one??

weestar21

Reaction score
Am i the only one who gets loads of paper work from tax credits?

Today we got our 2006-2007 award nottice we should have got it bk in april but as usual they mucked it all up yet again :roll:
Anyway thismorning i heard a thud thud thud and it was the postman putting the mail through. 4 A3 sized envelopes containing 2 A3 sized pieces of paper. 2 were addressed to me and 2 were addressed to my OH so in total we had 16 pieces of A3 sized papaer and 4 envelopes all containing the same info.

Oh rang them up and said ' i dont see the point in yous chopping a tree down to send to me when i will be quite happy with one piece of paper giving me all the info i need seeing as most of it goes in the bin anyway'.

The girl said at teh other end its because its all computer generated they cant stop it :?

sorry justhad to moan seeing as the goverment moan about how much trees are being chopped down and how much water we use

moan over now hehe :lol:

Yes Im exactly the same!!!!!!!! Its annoying because I then have to sort it all out and file it :evil: Its stupid why do we need so many copies!

maybe its incase we forget like they just do not have a clue :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

im so glad i have a recicle bin though cos i just think its a waste of paper

Yeah i get loads. DH gets them also, exactly the same but in a different name. Then i will get some more a few weeks later all with slighty different amounts on.

It's not just me then?? :lol:

They were paying me a slightly different amount a few months ago than what I should have been paid. £42.70 a month instead of £39.90, so in 3 days, I had the following:

Letter telling me that my tax credit award of £42.70 a month had stopped.
Letter telling me my new award of £39.90 a month.
Letter telling me I was having an interim payment of £3.10.
Letter telling me they owed me £1.50 but as it was so small they weren't going to pay it.

Oh, and DH got the same letters!!!! That's 8 letters in 3 days. The hilarious thing is that both the £3.10 and the £1.50 were already in the bank a week when I got the letters!!!!

The best thing I have had from them though was a letter saying I was overpaid in the year 2004/05 by £55.70 and I had to pay them back. I must admit that I totally forgot about it, and then was clearing my desk at work about 3 months later and found it. :oops: I got straight on the phone and apologised and offered to pay it over the phone, but the buy I spoke to said they had written it off because I hadn't paid it!! :shock:

thats strange because if they over pay you they normally take it off your next tax year award because we owe them £11 :shock: :oops: and our payments have been deducted by something like £1 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back