Am I obsessed?

mermaid

Reaction score
I hope I'm not the only one like this, but I am very fussy about what I let LO eat. I am paranoid about Grandparents giving him 'junk' food when I'm not there. I try hard to give him food from the right groups each day and make sure everything is low sugar/salt. I also don't let him eat chocolate/biscuits or anything like that at this stage. I believe I'm giving him gthe best start and he doesn't need processed unhealthy foods. For snacks he tends to have oatcakes/rice cakes/fruit/toast....

What are your LO's diets like? Do you worry about what they are eating? :?

OMG you sound like me!!! :rotfl:

I'm terrible with what I allow Dan to eat but I think a good diet is very important. Dan eats very well...............fresh fruit, vegetables and fish. I make sure he eats more carbs than proteins (as instructed) He drinks nothing but water and milk and he rarely has sweets, he had a chocolate pudding on christmas day and some cake on his birthday. I won't let him have any processed food.
I have lost count of the number of times I have had to explain myself to people. 'what he's never had ice cream?' OMG you are such a hard mother :roll:
Maybe, but I will let him have treats when he is old enough to understand what they are. At the moment they have little nutritional value and what you don't know you can't miss!
I am glad I have stuck to it though as I am forever being told how well behaved he is and I think not being full of E numbers helps!! :lol:

I'm quite strict with Nathans diet cos he goes really hyper on sugar.
He only drinks milk. The worst thing he has in his diet is low salt and sugar baked beans and occasionally cod in butter sauce. I am starting to relax a bit with him now though. I feel guilty on my girls though cos their diets aren't as good :( Nathans favourite foods are cheese, grapes and rice cakes.

I'm not the only one then ha! It's about setting them up for life with healthy eating habits though isn't it? I agree that when they can speak for themselves then it is different. I might let him have something unhealthy then lol :rotfl:

LO's going to Nan's tomorrow and I know she will say he 'grabbed' some cake from someone else's plate! God I hate it..... :shock:

:x its one of my bug bears when grandparents give him crap all the time, let him have a spoonful of this and a taste of that when for a start he is full anyway from his lunch."oh but he was looking at me with those eyes!" :wall: he has a good diet and actually loves to snack on fruit and veg so does not need to eat milky buttons all the time or foods high in sugar, like you guys i don't want him to grow up thinking sweets are the only treats he can get, he enjoys a segment of orange just as much as a choc button so give him the healthy option please!! i could go on all night! you opened a right old can of worms there!! :lol:

don't get me wrong i don't mind the odd treat, its just all the time!

oh im totally orthorexic with melissa's food! she eats like gillian mckieth or someone LOL not like her mummy i eat sweets and choc and shit :oops:

There's no way Willow will be getting junk food and sweets until she's a lot older at least. I hate seeing people giving 2 year old kids sweets and chocolate the moment they ask for it. If they want something to snack on what is wrong with grapes or raisins? Another thing that annoys me is keeping a big box of sweets in the cupboard specially for the kids-then the minute they walk into the house it's "Can i have a sweetie?" And if they don't get it they scream! Just don't start it in the first place!

And then it's 'But Nanna lets me have it!' lol. I don't want LO to see crap that was never meant for the body as a treat! How about strawberries or a day out for a treat? Yeah right. :wall:

I am so with you on this on girls.......... Grace only drinks milk or water, never had anything else. She also only eats home cooked food and snacks on rice cakes or fruit or raisins............

Today I was at work - and we had a mum in with her 2 children... 1 was 5 and the other was 17 months old .......... she bought a can of coke and gave half to the 5 year old and wait for it.......... poured the other half into the babies bottle and gave it to him to drink......... plus both kids got a packet of chocolate buttons........... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I don't really think the buttons are too much of a worry - I wouldn't do it but each to their own...... but surely no baby/toddler should be getting coke..........

Fiona said:
I am so with you on this on girls.......... Grace only drinks milk or water, never had anything else. She also only eats home cooked food and snacks on rice cakes or fruit or raisins............

Today I was at work - and we had a mum in with her 2 children... 1 was 5 and the other was 17 months old .......... she bought a can of coke and gave half to the 5 year old and wait for it.......... poured the other half into the babies bottle and gave it to him to drink......... plus both kids got a packet of chocolate buttons........... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I don't really think the buttons are too much of a worry - I wouldn't do it but each to their own...... but surely no baby/toddler should be getting coke..........

oh my god :shock: that is disgraceful

technically raisins are as bad as sweets for sugar content. Just because they comefrom fruit doesn't make them sinless, though at least they don't have the e numbers I guess.

Seren had a strict diet when she was tiny but now she is 2 I am one of those mothers who let her have an occasional bit of chocolate or a few crisps. These aren't treats (we don't call them that) but about 3 times a week she does get a small bit of chocolate or 5 crisps. She gets more excited by apples and bananas and eats plenty of all that so I am pretty relaxed now. She even had some ice cream two weeks ago.

Fiona said:

OMG OMG!!! I wouldn't drink coke even at the age of 30 :shock: :shock: I can't believe she poured it into a bottle for her baby! :shock: Has she not seen the tooth test!

Fiona I'm so with you hun..............Dan drinks nothing but water and milk..........he's never even tasted juice. I will let him when he's older but for now he's happy with just water :D

newmum said:
:evil: makes me really cross. This week MIL asked if she could put sugar in LO's camomile tea. :wall: :wall: :wall: Said no but didn't trust her so poured it away when she wasn't looking :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I would have done exactly the same hun!!!!

beanie said:
technically raisins are as bad as sweets for sugar content. Just because they comefrom fruit doesn't make them sinless, though at least they don't have the e numbers I guess

Bad for the teeth definitely as they stick to them! You have to watch that. But it is natural sugars from fruit plus the vitamins! Beats sweets hey and my Fin loves them! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back