am i in labor?

Reaction score
for the past couple of days now ive been having stomach cramps and i dont know what they are from. if i get up i think they get worse could i be in labor or not? my cousin (who i live with) has only had one baby and doesnt really know how to explain it or remember. i cant ask my mom who had 3 kids because she is no longer living and my aunt who has 3 kids has a bad memory from many things wrong with her health. so far there is no blood when i go to the bathroom so i know that is a good sign right? so can anyone please help me that would be great..

I'm 29 weeks and regularly experience Braxton hicks contractions which feel just like period cramps and are accompanied by a small amount of back pain, during which My bump goes rock hard. They are just the uterus way of getting practice in / building its muscle strength for the actual delivery/birth. My NHS book says you can experience BH contactions anytime during your pregnancy although your more likely to notice them in the second and third trimesters. The only time to worry is if they start becoming regular, close together, are painful or are accompanied by bleeding. I have been assured they are absolutely normal! in fact they are healthy!

The other thing is that around 24/25 weeks i got very bad trapped wind that felt like horrendous stomach crapmps - I often couldnt move! But mild excersie warm baths and lots of renee rapide did the trick!

Hope this helps!!

Kim

sounds like Braxton hicks to me!!
believe me you will know when you go into labor!!
if your worried then contact your doctor!

check this out i am now nine months and when i went to the docyor yesterday my doctor told me that i would be going into labor this week but it doesn't seem like it to me so as the old saying goes different strokes for different folks .i hope this helps. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back