Am I expecting too much?

nina_ballerina

Reaction score
I had my nursery furniture delivered today, a wardrobe, chest of draws, cotbed and mattress. In all it was 8 boxes all with big stickers saying "cation over 10kg" (apart from the mattress).
I live in a flat on the 3rd floor, so the delivery men were bringing the boxes into the hall downstairs as I signed for them, they then left..........:shock:

.....leaving me looking at these giant boxes and the ever shrinking back end of the van disappearing down the road.

Did I expect too much by thinking they would take them up to my flat? :think:

Just wondering because I got them from mama and papas so I thought their delivery peeps would be used to delivering to pregnant people with poorly backs and hips.

Anyway managed to drag the mattress and one box up the stairs, the rest are still in the hall downstairs until OH gets home later, hopfully my neighbours do not take a fancy to them.

No you are definitely not expecting too much!! That is out of order! Technically they havent delivered it to your home address either. I would phone the customer services and complain, they should be able to get on to the delivery company they use today and tell them to come back and finish the job off properly.

I got a whole load of mamas and papas furniture too and the delivery men not only brought it in the house they took it up to the nursery even with my OH there, that's their job!! It's not a cheap delivery charge either, £35 isn't it!

Ooooo things like that make me mad, lazy gits!

I think its something to do with insurance hun.

I know my best mate had a problem with this and the delivery guy was just like im so sorry but im not insured to carry it.

Call customer services and find out if they are meant to do this....

xxx

Thanks girlies for your replies. I got my daddy to come and bring the boxes up in the end. But just got off the phone to customer services, who could not have been more apologetic and are going to send me a box of free stuff!!!! :cheer:

It pays to complain! :D

Don't know what I'm going to get, I thought I'd be pushing my luck if I asked or gave her a list of things I need. LOL

Thanks again. xx

god no way were u expecting too much hun, they should have taken them up for you!!!!! Did u ask them???

I remeber mothercare delivering my buggy i answered the door and the guy looked at me and said can u manage!!!! i was 36 weeks pregnant of course i couldnt :rotfl:

But thats men for u :rotfl: :rotfl:

im glad u phoned n complained coz alot of people dont n loose out. Let us know what they send u!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back