Am i being unreasonable?

Melly+2

Reaction score
My bf never does any work round the house and because i said that hope is easy too look after then i shud be able to do all of the house work coz i dont work and he does, she is now teething and grumpy and i cud do with sum help but he disagrees. He also said a while ago that he would put up sum light fittings for me and still months later it hasnt been done, but about a week ago his mate asked him to fit sum sockets in his new house and he is there doing it now, how come as soon as someone else asks him to do a favour he jumps and does it and not for me, i have told him i am going to stop at my dads for a while coz i cant deal with him anymore, what do you think?

my OH is the same. i do 99% of the cleaning. he does nothing. and if i say something he says 'well im paying the rent' :roll:

he thinks im rushing to work after baby too :rotfl: hes gna get a shock

:hug: i know how frustrating it is.

i would refuse to do his washing & cooking :)

a weekend with you away could make him see how much you do for him.

If OH ever played the 'its a womans job' card, i would always chuck the 'well i earn more than you' card right back at him!

not possible at the mo :lol:

yes i think he is been unreasonable...I would tell him so.

I find with my Dh he needs a list to do things men just don't seem to realise the bathroom doesn't clean itself or think thats what i'll do unless they are told it needs doing.

i agree give him a ataste of having to do his own stuff ,,,avoiding cleaning won't help though men will just live in that mess it will drive you up the wall.

Ians quite good as in when hes here he is a godsend and helps alot, but i do get the "its my house" malarky so iv just (last week) had my name put on the tenancy agreement, :wink: :wink: :wink: ill think youll find its our house ma dear!

he would notice if you didnt do anything for him though hun so try the doind it all for you and hope and letting him go without thing, no dinner no washing no ironing and no rumpy pumpy, its tiring havin no help you couldnt possibly muster up the energy to ...

cloud9 said:
yes i think he is been unreasonable...I would tell him so.

I find with my Dh he needs a list to do things men just don't seem to realise the bathroom doesn't clean itself or think thats what i'll do unless they are told it needs doing.

i agree give him a ataste of having to do his own stuff ,,,avoiding cleaning won't help though men will just live in that mess it will drive you up the wall.

He is being unreasonable littlelady87, it's not about who is doing what its about respect and he should show more by doing some housework and being there for you when you say you need some time off :hug:

I agree with a lot of that cloud9, men do need to be told, it's so disturbing they can;t get on themselves :shock: My OH has been great since I got pregnant, he actually gets on and does things now without being told, it must be hard when that doesn't happen :(

Best Wishes littlelady87, I think you going to your Dad's will be a good thing, because you do deserve a rest, never mind Daddy if he's not minding you :hug:

I think it's unreasonable too. I read somewhere once donkeys ago that if you ask a man he'll kinda think of it as nagging (almost like they hear something else) but if you suggest it to them they can then kinda say "hey why don't I do that for you" and then you can praise how wonderful he is to think of it type thing. It's a difference of saying "can you" do something (sounds like an order) and "will you" sounds like your asking whether or not they will/won't do it. Perhpas there is something in it? It's probably one of those men are from mars and women are from venus type things. I do it with DH sometimes, he's so proud when he's come up with the soloution to something I might have suggested a week ago!! :rotfl: Worth a try?!

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still
in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and
wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the
house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found
an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was
wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the
family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on
the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on
the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand
was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of
clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or
that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the
bathroom door.

As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys
strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and
toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the
bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and
asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home
from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply.

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

Urchin that's hysterical.....and so true!! :rotfl:

thanks ladies i thought, i was not being unfair, i have had enough of this sh*t, no wonder i feel like crap, MEN, I might become a lesbian, any offers ladies haha :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back