• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

am i being silly

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i have been invited to a girl i work with birthday thing clubbing - we dont really like each other its coz mum is the boss lol and she is so close to the sack -
well anyway my mum heard me being invited and has said she will baby sit as iv only been out a couple of times without B but i have sed no as clubbing is really not my thing.
my mum and dad are now saying that i am being silly i should go out enjoy myself etc while i have the dosh and the babysitters,
but i prefer to be at home with Braydon instead of going out, iv never been one for going out alot wen i left skool i preferred watchin films etc at home with Garry then wen i had B preferred to stay at home with him , iv been invited to my m8s hen nite and if i wasnt so close to my mate i wouldnt even go there, to be perfectly honest going up town to niteclubs bars etc fills me with dread and is something i never wanna do or have done.
wot do i do bout this work persons party do i go and see if BY some complete miricle i change my mind or do i leave it and spend the nite with B and not spend the next three weeks worrying about it

Hun I would go with your gut feeling. If you dont really like the girl, you could end up having a wrose time because of that. Saying that though if you dont go out much and would really like to go, then it could be a chance to let your hair down and be yourself instead of being mummy for the night. It will be abit scary for you going out, as you havent really been out since your son was born and dont want to leave him. Im the same with Zack so I know where your coming from.

Maybe go out for a couple of hours and if you feel the need to go home then say you have to be back?

If you dont feel up to it though, dont feel like you have to go

:hug: xxx

i know how you feel hun i was never into all that stuff. i'd rather go out for a quiet drink or nice meal in a nice pub. but most of the time i'd rather stay home and have a cuppa! guess we are just old before our time babe! like me you work part time so spending time with our babies when we are home is important to us - just makes us good mummies that all :D

dont feel like you have to go - i have been to plenty of things like that and sat there thinking i so want to go home! sometimes i will enjoy it but i think if you dont even really like this person then dont feel you have to make an effort. you really sound like you'd rather have a wasp nest on your head than go clubbing so i reckon you have already decided in your heart.

if you decide not to go just tell your mum that you really dont like this girl and thats why you dont want to go.i'll have a virtual cuppa with you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sarah

I wasn't ever the clubbing type either and would rather stay at home too! Then a friend of mine convinced me to go out with them one night (quite a few years ago now!) and I had such a great time! IThe time flew by and I didn't want to go home! I wouldn't describe myself as a clubber but I do enjoy going out to bars then onto a club/disco bar. I found that some places I preferred more than others so tend to go to those bars/places now where I feel more comfortable.

I really don't mean to sound like some old fart but I do agree with your parents - if you have the money and they are willing to babysit I'd go and see how you get on. If you really don't like it then no harm has been done, you can just come home.

Take care

Lucy

don't force yourself to go out if you would have a better time in the house hunny bunny :) no shame in staying in!! xx

Your not being silly hun! I used to love clubbing went every week without fail! Now I would much rather stay at home and most of the time I am so tired my idea of a good night is an early night :lol:

I would maybe just go for a few hours and if you dont like it say you have to go home for braydon. If I didnt like someone I dont think I would go but im not a very social person anyway.

i think that you should go out Sarah, whether its with this girl or your mates. you need time to yourself to relax and not be a mum for a few hours. let your hair down.

i bet you feel better for it.

give your mum and dad a chance to spoil Braydon.xx

Hi sarah

Since you've not been out much since having B I'd say give it a try, It's so easy to get stuck in a rut with being a mum and not having a social life, believe me I barely went out in 2 years from when I found out I was pregnant with callum and it made me misirable in the end (I even found going shopping to asda exciting lol).

Like already said give it ago and see how you feel you can always go back home if you don't enjoy yourself, and even though your not keen on this girl there will proberly be some one there that you will get on with.

Just remeber TAKE SOME ID lol, the barstaff and bouncers ask for it loads nowadays.

xSuzx

Hi

Do what you feel is right hun, if you dont really care for the girl thne i wouldnt go but of you get along who knows you might end up having fun you need and deserve a night out.
You are4 so much like me thoguh rather stay home with Kiara then go out and when i do go out i miss her like crazy , but i still end up having fun so why not give it a go :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back