Alternative things to do with Saturday Nights...

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Im trying to come up with some suggestions for me and my DH to do of a weekend that dont involve going to the pub. We dont really go out now cos I cant drink and have been knackered but now Im full of beans again we have been going to the pub nearly every weekend and although I dont mind it I do get a bit bored cos every other bugger is drunk! We have been out for a few meals but everything seems to revolve around alcohol or high calorie intake!
I have even started doing a jigsaw to give me sommat different to do!
Anyone been doing anything different to fill up their time?

nope cos 90% if the time my hubby has been working sat nghts and ive spent them alone :cry:

Ummm me and my OH went away for the night last night and just ciddled up on the sofa watching tv and some films with a huge duvet. How about cinema or bowling or something?

Yeah I was thinking about bowling. Im just worried that someone will mistake me for a giant bowling ball and try and throw me down the alley!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Why not invest in a pathfinder book and go walking, we go every weekend if the weather is nice, pack Isla up in the baby carrier with a thick coat on and do between 4 and 10 miles, good exercise, good for pregnancy and best of all the pathfinder books list the pubs on the way.

we dont go to the pub have never really been out drinkers
things we do include:
playing monopoly (the new one no cash just cards)
go out or stay in a watch a film or two we have comedy nights and horror nights
we bake cakes lol yes late at night
we talk alot about random things and just snuggle on the sofa
we sit on the internet picking out things we would like for eachover and the baby (great time to make notes for xmas/bday's)
we just do things that we dont get time to in the week as hes tired from working all week
manda xx

Always things like the cinema and theatre. We do both but not often on a Saturday night. But we never go to the pub (only when we go down to see my parents every few weeks but then neither of us drink), even on the weekend. We've been to the theatre and seen a few shows in the past couple of months. Also seen some comedians live.

We tend to stay home Saturdays, invite people over for a bite to eat occasionally, play Trivial Pursuit or something. Rent a DVD, put our feet up and relax. That's usually after an afternoon out walking the dogs or something somewhere. Nicely tired by then.

I get bored when I have to go to a pub and prefer being at home or doing something else :roll:

We're the same as you, we used to go out drinking every weekend, but since getting pregnant we don't go to the pub anymore. OH still goes occasionally but he feels he's too old (At 27? But then I'm 20 and I feel old but I blame that on the pregnancy :lol: ) We just snuggle up on the sofa with a DVD or have a bath together. I've also learned to cook and that's something we enjoy doing together..I think Kellysomers' idea is fab! I think I will suggest that to my OH :D

i'm lost without going round town on a saturday night lol :roll:
but lately weve been going to the pics,
renting dvd with takeaway
visiting family

that's it :roll: lol my weeknights are more entertaining chatting on here lol

J-Do1979 said:
Im trying to come up with some suggestions for me and my DH to do of a weekend that dont involve going to the pub. We dont really go out now cos I cant drink and have been knackered but now Im full of beans again we have been going to the pub nearly every weekend and although I dont mind it I do get a bit bored cos every other bugger is drunk! We have been out for a few meals but everything seems to revolve around alcohol or high calorie intake!

anyway its about time you came to tri 3 :D

Hi Jo,

I am quite good at Saturday night time-fillers as my husband and I have always been very very tragically sad and never really drank that much anyway. We like:

1) Going round to friends / having them round to ours and playing a silly board game like Balderdash or Settlers.

2) Watching a film with snack food and an open fire. Mmm.

3) Playing Star Wars Lego on the XBox 360 together. I like R2D2.

4) Playing Scrabble. I was undefeated up to our holiday in Mauritius and then he suddenly got very good bah.

5) Going out for a meal with the inlaws.

6) SHEXFACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry)

I love jigsaws too. Actually, now I think about it, I am probably the saddest person on the face of this planet. Good job my husband is the same! :rotfl:

P.S. Kimbo is right, Tri 3 is beckoning... mind you, having taken a sneaky peek in there, I'm VERY VERY scared so I can understand why you'd want to stay here :D

We haven't gone out drinking regularly on a saturday night since James was born so it's not hugely different for us. We normally watch a DVD and get a takeaway or play on the PS3. Sometimes friends come over to join us.
On the odd occassion that MIL is looking after James overnight we go to the pub (normally for a meal as well so I don't feel so bad about not drinking), or the cinema.
I've got to be at work at 730am on Sundays, so Saturdays nights have included a relatively early bedtime since being pg as I get tired sooner anyway.
I'm 27 now and OH is 30 so I think we've both got to the stage where we can't be bothered with a mad night out. We haven't got the energy for clubbing till 2am anymore :lol:

I did loads of Jigsaws in the weeks off work I had before James was born. I was living at my parents house at the time so used to do them with my mum and sister and we'd have a natter at the same time.

Kimbo said:
J-Do1979 said:

anyway its about time you came to tri 3 :D

Hee hee!! I know! Im excited about the move to see all me old buddies but the fact Im gonna be in Tri 3 scares the living poop out of me!!! :shock:
Im working on the most a-mazing cake to bring with me which should be done by the weekend! I have had a few sneaky peaks and it looks like lots of fun over there.
See you soon!!! :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

my OH is a bit cheesed off there hasn't been much pub visiting going on, but he'll get over it :D

We went to watch Stardust at the cinema on Saturday which was a love night, met with another couple so we had a drink in the bar first. The film is a proper feel good film so any of you ladies with your hormones going wild should definitely go and see it. Well worth a watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back