All over the place................need advise

Pappadog

Reaction score
Hello all

It's been at least three to four years since i was last ttc. I then had a miscarriage, but I'm sure it happened for a good reason as I went through Divorce a couple of years later.

Anyway, my new partner and I have decided to ttc, but I'm so rusty on the 'girlie side' of things.

Just come off the pill,, but please note I have only been on it on and off over the last year. I've had gaps of it, missed tablets etc.

Anyway, been off the pill for about four weeks now and I DONT THINK I'm pregnant, but need your help in deciding what's going on with my body. I had a very light AF nearly two weeks ago and have mild pain/irritation by my left and right ovary. Would I be right in thinking this is OV? I don't get period pains until I've come on. I have no other symptoms apart from a boob which feels almost bruised on one side (but think this is due to having to lie on my front for my neck to be worked on).

How long did it take for some of you guys to get a BFP once coming off the pill?

I came off the pill on the 18th August....and am pregnant, it took 4 weeks! First month TTC. I feel very blessed.

Good luck to you....have you thought about using Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) to find out when your ovulating??

Hello and welcome.

It does sound like the symptoms you are experiencing are ovulation signs. The best way to check quickly is to check your cervical mucus, sorry if this sounds a bit gross. Anyway if your juices down there are of egg white consistency and stretchy then it means you are in your fertile period.

Have a look at this thread it tells you loads of useful info including how to chart your temperature which is a good way of recognising when you have ovulated. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61403/

Definitely get BD'ing anyway to try and catch that egg.

Good luck.

I think it must be OV as toward the end of last week I had the stretchy stuff and some was thick white. More cm than normal and it's till here, but fading slowly now - lasted about five days.

I intend to figure out my cycle once it returns to normal, but don't want to get into testing every month again and getting obsessed (not meant to upset anyone, it's just I've done all that before and it's frustrating)

Yeah, that definitely sounds like you are ov'ing.

I hope you catch that egg :hug:

If it is OV then how long should I expect AF to arrive? Is it another two weeks?

The first time i came off the pill i fell pregnant in 2 months this time round i have been off the pill 2 years (actively TTC for 16 months) and i am STILL not pregnant (even though we have tried every method possible!) It just depends, it could take weeks (if your really lucky) or years!!! Good luck for your BFP :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back