all clear to wean

Linda

Reaction score
Ellie starts nursery on monday :( and i'm back at work :( :(

so i took her to the well baby clinic to get weighed etc, the hv was impressed we had managed to wait so long before introducing solids, so weaning is now underway....

yesterday Ellie had some carrot and swede wasnt too keen at first but she settled into eating it, (not too impressed with the orange nappy this morning tho :eek: ) this morning shes had some hipp organic porridge type stuff and loved it, might try her on some mashed banana later.

ooh i'll be interested to see how she gets on, i'm going to try and hold out to wean Ted too even though he looks like he could eat now, but i'm having enought troubles with bottles at mo.
Let us know what delicacies you feed your little one...have you gone for baby rice at all? :hug:

sorry you're back at work - am guessing you'd rather not be :hug: :hug: :hug:

i'd be really interested to hear how you get on too. connor is developmentally ready for weaning (i caught him sucking on one of my strawberries last week :lol: ) but i'm still holding out for 6 months as he's gaining sufficient weight on milk, and i don't have the same pressures as you.

but i'm getting prepared now, and would love to know what you try and how it all goes. good luck!

Thanks,

hv told me to stay off baby rice as all it does is thicken milk and has no nutritional value unless mixed with fruit or veg puree,

tried ripe banana didnt go down as well as the carrot and suede, but have been told to mash not puree it so Ellie can get used to the lumps, think its lumps shes not keen on so i'm gonna try her on some more tomorrow but pureed to see if thats any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back