• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

alcohol and other bad things during ttc?

k8_005

Reaction score
Apart from af and before of when we know for sure we aren't preg do u think its wrrong to eat and drink non preg allowed things for example I can't bring myself to drink more than 1glass of wine during 2ww but I'm happy to eat a dippy egg is this wrong??? X

Hi there when I was ttc my theroy was that you never know how long it's going to take to get pregnant and therefore you can't really put your life on hold each month. I ate and drank what I wanted whilst ttc and i got bfp after 4 months so I say just carry on as normal! X

I agree with tiggy as I'm now 7mnths and could potentially have another 7mnths wait!! X

I generally try to avoid things that pregnant people shouldn't have, during my luteal phase xx

I generally try to stay away from stuff in 2WW also. Feel that can't put life totally on hold during TTC. Avoiding things throughout pregnancy (when it happens) will be long enough. :)

Hi,

I feel exactly the same. I feel so guilty having a glass of wine! I've decided that until I get that positive I'm carrying on as normal because this time is stressful enough without giving up the things you enjoy (right away anyway!) ;-)

X

This is such a good question because im constantly thinking the sane thing! I had a fried egg the other day an thought after omg! I shouldn't be eating this! I had sushi from asda as well as drinking on the weekend! I think I'm just goin to get into the habit if not having those main things like partially cooked eggs and raw fish! I'm also very paranoid if other ppls cooking of eggs and chicken! ha! I suppose I should relax but I can't help it! I read a baby book the other day and it was saying not to eat pre packed ham!??? That's all I eat!!!!

Xx

Ps sorry about not helping u with ur question one bit but it might be nice to know I am also puzzled with this!!

Last edited:
I must be honest I don't know much about what you can/can't eat during pregnancy so that never bothers me...

At first I didn't drink at all, after a few months I drank during AF, then I just avoided during 2ww, now I don't really think about it.

However, I never drink as much as I did before TTC - 'drinking' now is 2-3 drinks a week so well within healthy limits. Not ideal for if we catch, but good for keeping me human.

Having said that the time I had strong pregnancy symptoms I avoided alcohol like the plague...

You know what I say f**k it why should we be the ones to give up everything we like everyone else seems to get pregnant without having to change their diet, I still have 4-5 pints a week and still eat healthily and I'm still not pregnant so just do what u want hun and u'll be fine!

What I don't get is why we women who are trying to concieve are always the ones who have to change and then you get someone at 16 who doesn't give a f**k and gets pregnant first time, I still drink as much as I want and I haven't got pregnant yet so just do as normal for u hun it'll happen when it happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back