Alastair's weight

chezzabell

Reaction score
Got the little guy weighed and he weighs 19lb, he has dropped to below the 2nd centile now, so he has to go back to see the doc at the hospital :(

Got to wait for app to come through,
hope its bloody soon

Awww, hope all goes well at the hospital hun and that they don't keep you waiting for too long for an appointment :hug:

When we took Libby for her hospital appointment, we were referred by GP, had a letter through within a week, and that was to book an appointment direct, which you can do online (phone lines are always busy), it tells you on the website how long the current waiting time is, and you choose a slot that you are happy with. We waited 19 days from the date of booking online, and that was the earliest appointment available, but obviously its a different hospital.

Hope it comes next week, its not that Im really worried cos he eats loads and his daddy is really skinny so maybe Alastair is just like him??

I just want the doc to tell me he is like his daddy, really hope they dont have to do any nasty tests on him :(

aw hun i really feel for you.

Riley was bellow the bottom centile for ages.

i dont remember reading why the hospital, but i hope it all goes well :)

Alastair was at hospital about 8 months ago cos he dropped from 25th to 2nd centile and doc said he was a mild case of catch down, and doc wasnt worried BUT if Alastair was to drop down further he had to be referred back, so now he has dropped :(

What is 'catch down'?

My DD has dropped from 75th to 9th centile but I just thought her weight gain had slowed down as she's breastfed (they tend to put on weight quickly then drastically slow down) and as she's not a particularly hungry baby.

Good luck chezza - I'm sure Alastair is fine.

Valentine Xxx

I wouldt worry too much as I think they take the out of date centile charts too serioulsy....times change and so doing eating and social habits yet the centile charts just dont take this into consideration.
Our health visitors were always commenting that Charlie was at the high end of the chart, i.e. he is on the 95th-98th centile on average (he currently weighs 33lb and he's only 20months), and we even ended up having words with our childminder to make sure he wasnt be overfed (this was under instruction from the health visitor) but we know for a fact that he only eats til he's full so I couldnt see the problem.

Whats your little one on for his height??? If their quire balanced I really wouldnt worry and as long as he is happy and of course healthy then whats the problem other than overreaction!

We measure Charlie ourselves and note it in his book around every 3 months and he is also on the 98th centile for height. We lay him on the floor, head to the skirting board, flatten his knees to the floor, lay a tape measure alongside him (usually takes quite a few attempts as he tries to pinch it :rotfl: ) then use a book against the bottom of his feet for an accurate reading.

good luck hun, im sure hes fine just slim like his daddy. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back