ahhhh confused and fed up..

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
Been for my consultant review for cholestasis this morning..I've had my bloods taken a few times this pregnancy and my bile acids were normal at 4 and lfts at 9..itching has continued and got worse so I got my last bloods taken at 36+6 the review for the results were today and bile has risen 11 and lfts to 29..I've read loads online and they say bile acids 11 or above are classed as colestasis and my consultant today told me they were normal..the itching has got worse this last week its starting to wake me during the night but he has told me to wait until next week to get repeat bloods..so 9 days ago by bile was 11 which is borderline and itching has got worse my bile acids could be high now but won't know..its panicing me a little incase it is high and I don't know about it..tbh 11 is borderline it takes 2 seconds to take another blood test to check..sorry for the rant but I think its wrong (my consultant told me they won't do blood tests every week as it costs too much!!)..not an excused!..now I have to wait until next week to get them taken again :/

Oh hunny. This is a hard one. Do you trust the consultant knows what's he's doing or insist on further action?, tnh if your gut tells you it's worse pester them for another opinion or more blood tests. Cost shouldn't come into it. Even if it takes going into a&e or something.
I wish I knew about this, Google isn't always your friend though. Try and get some medical advice. Would your mw help or back you up?

Sorry I'm not much help, Fx is all okay. Hopefully bubs will make an appearance very soon xxx

hi, you might already know this but just been looking through my book see if theres anything about this and there was but dont know if it will help,

cholestasis..
what can your gp do??...
the goals of treating cholestasis of pregnancy are to relieve the itching and to prevent pregnancy complications. itching can be treated with topical anti-itch medications, lotions, or corticosteriods. Medication is sometimes used to help decrease the concentration of bile acids. If cholestasis is endangering the well-being of the mother or fetus, an early delivery may be necessary.
hope this helps xx

Thanks ladies..I had it with my first daughter and found out I had it 38 weeks..I was induced the day after..I have been given aqueous cream with menthol which is helping..I'm at the hospital atm being monitored as baby has only moved 3 times all day xx

aww :( sendin hugs to ya xx
your in the best place though if your worried! :) i would not have a clue how many times baby has to move within a day i better start keepin my eye on him. i just think as long as i feel him movin throughout the day its ok.
like now if i didnt feel him move all night.. id start paickin lol
good luck hope everythin turns out ok for you xx

aww :( sendin hugs to ya xx
your in the best place though if your worried! :) i would not have a clue how many times baby has to move within a day i better start keepin my eye on him. i just think as long as i feel him movin throughout the day its ok.
like now if i didnt feel him move all night.. id start paickin lol
good luck hope everythin turns out ok for you xx

Thanks hun..he's beinga a naughty boy atm lol..I panick too but its better be safe even if baby proves you wrong puts mind at rest :) xx

i agree totally , i follow my instincts and i listen to my body and if i think somethins wrong whether its somethin of nothin im straight up that maternity assessment unit lol cuz lets be honest, if you thought somethin was wrong with your baby when he or she is here, would you wait for it to get worse or do somethin about it straight away? thats how i look at it :) xx

Last edited:
i agree totally , i follow my instincts and i listen to my body and if i think somethins wrong whether its somethin of nothin im straight up that maternity assessment unit lol cuz lets be honest, if you thought somethin was wrong with your baby when he or she is here, would you wait for it to get worse or do somethin about it straight away? thats how i look at it :) xx

Your right there Hun! :)..well I'm back now took him 45 minutes to wake up but after a cup of tea and some custard creams he gave us some movements so they were happy enough to send me home :) xx

awww! hes a little sweet tooth! lol xx

was the same with me when i was monitored a couple weeks ago , they gave me a sandwhich cuz he was asleep and next thing ya know hes kick n movin in all directions lol dont know what your lil mans like but mine always goes nuts when iv had somethin eat? haha
glad everythins ok go home have a nice warm bath and chill :) xx

awww! hes a little sweet tooth! lol xx

was the same with me when i was monitored a couple weeks ago , they gave me a sandwhich cuz he was asleep and next thing ya know hes kick n movin in all directions lol dont know what your lil mans like but mine always goes nuts when iv had somethin eat? haha
glad everythins ok go home have a nice warm bath and chill :) xx

He is like his mam :/ lol..I had ate quite abut before I had my tea then drank some coke and ate chocolate to try make him move and waited an hour like they ask but still nothing so they asked me to go up..next time (hopefully he doesn't worry me again) but if he does I will be drinking some tea and eating biscuits! Lol..just relaxing on the chair with my feet up watching some tele then an early night for me since I had very little sleep last night :( lol..fingers crossed for a better nights sleep tonight! Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back