Obstetric cholestasis? is it only me?

Jo

Reaction score
Hi everyone , i was just wondering if anyone else on the forum is suffering from OC.
I just started with a little itch but is good job i mentioned it to my midwife as she sent me for bloods doing and they found my bile acids were 16 and the should be 14 or below, but i wasnt too worried as i thought thats not much, now i have to be at the hospital twice a week until baby is born, which the have said the will induce me at 38 weeks, maybe before if baby gets distressed.

Baby is fine at moment as i went to hospital yesterday and was scanned and monitered which was quite funny as i've not heard hiccups from baby before :D
But my bile levels have now gone to 35 in a week and now i'm getting quite anxious.

Would be grateful for anyones input on this

My sister in law had OC, i konw it can be quite serious and they told her that the baby could die at any time, BUT her levels were sky high- she itched so bad that she bled.

They kept her in hospital from 32 weeks and kept a close eye on her.

Sorry i have probably scared you now- didn't mean to :oops:

Anyway what i am saying is don't let them fob you off, if you get really bad make sure they do something about it.
i believe its where your liver doesn't filter the poisons out of your blood properly.

Hopefully your levels wont reach that high.

I've probably not been much help have i- sorry!! :(

Thanks Amy's mum, no you haven't scared me i know i have it very mild, i haven't itched that much as i think they caught it in time and am now on loads of pills a day, also go to hospital twice a week at moment to be monitered, scanned and generall prodded and poked, also have bloods taken twice a week.
They say i am anemic what do they expect when they keep draining me of blood lol :lol:

Lol, i can believe you are anaemic- taking blood off you that much!!

Good luck anyway hun, keep us informed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back