ahhh heartburn

nikkif

Reaction score
I know heartburn is normal and i am using Gaviscon but it seems to be getting worse and worse and i am getting it over night now really bad its awful!! It doesn't seem to matter what i eat and i am going through so much gaviscon, drinking milk etc

any other ideas??

Thanks

is rubbish isn't it! I had it real bad around 30 weeks too... I found if I ate anything later than about 6.30pm I suffered all night, every time I laid down it was like acid burning up my throat! I am afriad I didn't find anything but Gaviscon helped. I was having about 4 dessert spoons a night!

Mine has got better in the past 3 or 4 weeks as the baby has moved down more giving my stomach more room, so hopefully the end is in sight for you too honey! :hug:

I'm the same - mine is getting worse as the weeks go on. I've given up on Gaviscon now coz it doesn't really help. I have a constant supply of mints and have one in my mouth most times during the day. I drink milk before I go to bed and I now sleep with about 4 or 5 pillows! I sure won't miss heartburn once baby arrives! x

Yes me too! and gastric reflux - Lovely!! I wake myself up choking! but I have found that having the main cooked meal at around midday and just a final small meal at least 3 - 4 hous before I go to bed has helped a lot. You can also try propping your bed up with some books or magazines at the head end so you are not completely horizantal - this does not work for me but it helps some people. Certain foods make it worse - bananas and chocolate are horrendous for me.... In my last pregnancy I drank Gaviscon as if it was going out of fashion but it did no good. Now I have some other tablets they are called Stopacid but i don't think they are available in the UK (I live in Bulgaria) You can ask the pharmacist what other antacid medication is safe to take in pregnancy although most are ok really. I would avoid stuff that contains aluminium as this can make you constipated and in large doses send you mad ha ha! Stopacid actually does contain aluminum but I am only taking 2 at bedtime now so in those quantities I have no problems (although some would say the madness is kicking in!) Gaviscon contains a lot of salt which is not good for blood pressure really. Horrible isn't it? I hate all these dreadful things you have to put up with just to have a baby - you would think millions of years of evolution would have made it all simple and painless by now wouldn't you? Best of luck!

Stopacid is: 0,160g Aluminium hydroxide, 0.160g Magnesium hydroxide and 0.200g Calcium carbonate. if you want to see if there is something similar at the chemist - (please check it is safe with the pharmacist or your GP first though)

Something fizzy - then a damn good burp helps me ! :oops:

Is it true that heartburn means your baby will have lots of hair?

Hope you feel better soon - my sister swears by Mcdonalds Milk Shakes to help ( I just think of any reason to have a milkshake tho! :) )

:hug:

Piglet x

pigletpoo said:
Something fizzy - then a damn good burp helps me ! :oops:

I was about to say that! If it is really bad I pat my chest as if winding myself, it helps to bring a burp up :lol: :oops:

pigletpoo said:
my sister swears by Mcdonalds Milk Shakes to help ( I just think of any reason to have a milkshake tho!

Yes I find this helps heartburn too (honest :) )

Have you tried herbal teas? Like mint or camomile? I am lucky not to have any heartburn (I hope these won't be famous last words!) but have read somewhere that herbal teas could help.

I can totally sympathise with you hun, i still get it now. Not as bad as a few weeks ago tho. I've been taking zantac every now and again and its the only thing that stops it.

Heartburn is horrible - drink gaviscon straight from the bottle now!!! I find it helps initially but doesn't last for long. I had it with my last pregnancy too and my daughter didn't have any hair hardly until she was 18 months!!! the good thing is that literally as soon as I had her the heartburn stopped! Only another 11 weeks to go then!!!

My daughter didn't have much hair last time either and I had heartburn really really bad. I was drinking gallons of gaviscon and swigging straight from the bottle like some sort of junkie. I don't think heartburn is related to hair it is your pregnancy hormones softening and loosening your ligaments and muscles in readiness for birth in this case the muscle at the entrance to your stomach along with baby squashing your stomach and organs up so much you can't fit much in there making stomach acid travel back up your oesophagus. YUK!

If you have SPD you are likely to be suffering badly from heartburn or reflux too - can be the same cause.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I had terrible heartburn with my first child and this second one is no different. It seems to have started earlier this time though!! Gaviscon advance swigged straight from the bottle seems to do the job for me although my husband finds it very unattractive!!!!

My heartburn and acid reflux is killing me just now - I hate taking Peptac or Gaviscon but I have been forced to.

I just wanted to let you know that I sympathise as it's so awful.

Valentine xxx

I have been munchiong on the rennie chwables mint one, maccyd milkshakes and yes they do work and normal milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back