AF type pains

Emma58

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 5 weeks pg and since last night I have been getting pains down below and lower backache that feels like just the same as before my AF starts. Has anyone else has this in early pregnancy? I'm not sure if this is normal or not or what to think

Emma x

I've just managed to see a doctor. He couldn't give me much advice tho he said i've just got to wait and see what happens and keep my fingers crossed. I got really upset in there and now i just feel a wreck I am so scared of going to the loo. The feeling AF is going to come is still there.

i had it all the time hon - still get it now. its v unnerving, and i have spent the last 7 weeks (since i found out) expecting everything to go wrong. but feeling like that is normal too. the pains are just your ligaments stretching, and your internal organs slowly rearranging themselves.
i won't say try not to worry, cos i'm sure you will anyway :hug: but it is normal.
x

It is worrying me because it has been constant since last night really thought when i got up this morning it would have gone off but it is still there. My back is really aching and the top of my legs feel heavy also 'underneath' feels sore and achy.
My period should have started last Tuesday though so I am just over a week late for my period. Is it just my body adjusting i never had any AF pains at all last week when i did PG test, if i hadn't done a test last week i would have thought AF was on its way now a week late.

Em x

the af type pains are definitely normal, i promise. your doctor is also right - you can't do anything but wait and see what happens and keep your fingers crossed.
this is my first baby so i really can totally empathise - i've spent every day worrying that something is going wrong - every ache and pain has had me terrified. there is a high risk of miscarriage in the first 12 weeks and my doctor is as matter-of-fact as yours; there's nothing they can do. but at the same time, you have to remember that the odds are still in your favour.
xx

i know its worrying but it is very normal. unless u get severe cramps along with bleeding then u shouldnt worry too much. if this does happen then give ur doctor/midwife a ring. :hug:

I had af type pains up until about 8 weeks, so completely normal. It's if you start getting bad stabbing pains you should worry.

K.xx

It is just so worrying after having a m/c before I am a nervous wreck.

Searching elsewhere on the internet isn't helping me really either it's just worrying me more. I am just going to have to try and relax and not worry too much. I know some people say this is normal at this stage which makes me feel a little better i think its bothering me more cos it seems to be constant not on and off.
It is ok to take paracetamol isn't it?

Emma x

I agree with what the other girls said, I have also been suffering from cramps and been told it is just due to everything stretching. Any concerns you have though speak to your doc again :hug:

:hug: I just want to say thank you to everyone who's tried to put my mind at rest and tell me that this isn't unusual. I'm just going to try and take it easy luckily i'm on holiday at the moment. I am so emotional today I can't stop crying so it's a good job i'm not at work!!

Emma x

We must be twins!! Your description of the back ache was EXACTLY what I felt at about 5 weeks - including the funny feeling under my thighs.

In the end I took a couple of paracetamol (after checking that was ok) and it took all the pain away. I was surprised as it felt like more than a couple of P killers would deal with and it going so easily reassured me. I think an early difference in pregnancy for me was being a bit ultra sensitive to pain I perhaps wouldn't have noticed normally - I think my body was 'super feeling' discomfort.

Anyway it went altogether in less than a week with no ill effects. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks Floppit :hug:

I'm going to take a couple of paracetamol right now you never know it might help I just keep putting off taking them.
I know when we are TTC that 2 week wait is a nightmare but the 12 week wait is so much worse.

Emma x

LOL would you believe it no paracetamol in the house!!! Typical. :D

Well Paracetamol not really helped still having the AF pains pretty painful as well. Feeling really sick and tired. Really don't know what to think should the cramps be more or less constant like this??
I worrying my self sick

Emma x

I have been having the pain since I got pregnant...its completely normal...doc said its from the uterus making room for baby:)

Thanks Breezee

Well today AF pains seem to have eased i am still sore underneath and have low backache and feel quite nauseous, and I have a horrible taste on my tongue and I think i'm suffering with trapped wind also sorry tmi!!!
I am also just so tired doing any house work seems such an effort I really can't be bothered to do any thing.
I really sound like a complete moaner I am not normally sorry :D
It helps when people reply and say that these pains are normal doctor yesterday couldn't really help!

Emma x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back