Advice / reassurance needed!

KBrady

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm 13 weeks pregnant tomorrow, had my scan on Thursday which confirmed baby looks very healthy and wriggly which was amazing! Then Friday night I helped my husband move some bits into the loft - not heavy and I didn't go up any ladders - and felt fine; but then yesterday morning I had the most almighty pain in my right side, low down, which made me faint! It carried on for about 3 mins so I rang a doctor and she said just to lie down, do nothing and wait to see if I start bleeding. So far there hasn't been any bleeding, thank god, but I did get the pain again yesterday afternoon and just feel extremely uncomfortable today - my whole abdomen feels swollen - a lot like trapped wind which could be contributing I think as I've suffered with it since getting pregnant.

One of my friends said she had similar pains which turned out to be stretching ligaments, has anyone else had it this severe before? I'm staying positive but any thoughts would be appreciated! Would you push for an appointment to at least listen to babys heart or something to make sure it's ok?

Thanks for reading,
Kate.
x

Yeah could be that you've pulled or overstretched a muscle hun - cause they are weak and stretching at the moment it's so easy to pull them and it can be painful. I get such a sharp pain when I sneeze!! Doesn't sound like anything untoward as you've got no bleeding and no cramps xx

Hi ay I've had this pain in my right side kinda where my ovary would be for weeks! Sharp, pain builds up a bit like an elastic band going to be pinged then sharp pain and its gone on and off! Had it before my 9 week epu scan, she checked and couldn't see anything, also before my 12 week scan and again nothing they could see! I've just been shopping and had two medium heavy bags and got the pain again! I reckon its ligaments and stretching as my bubba was fine when they checked!!its just very uncomfortable and scary and I usually have it on and off for a while and goes again. Reading up on it sounds like its round ligament pain and apparently most uterus tilt to the right and that's why most peeps have pain in the right side Xx

Thanks both! I've spoken to a family friend today who is a midwife and she was absolutely convinced it's ligament pain. Apparently the ligaments that hold your uterus in place are really big and especially in the first 4 months they do a lot of stretching and can cause really sharp pains, along with more prolonged aches, much like pulling a muscle.

So I'm feeling more positive and am sure that baby is ok, it's just such a worry to get such awful pain and you can't help but think the worst!

x

I got virtually exactly what you're describing after carrying a really big heavy tin of paint from a shop in town to the car park (it was quite a long way lol) - but after worrying about the pains they kind of just went away with no bleeding or owt. Made me a bit more careful though and to save myself worrying I get my hubby or bro to do all the lifting now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back