advice please ladies

Sugarhigh

Reaction score
Hey ladies i was wondering if you could enlighten me a little as to what happens at the 1st ante-natal appointment mine is tomorrow and im really scared

Hi

When i had my first appointment, they just had me fill in lots of forms, asked questions about my medical history, took blood pressure and did a load of blood tests. It took about half an hour and was all easy peasy!
Good luck

Kx

im having a scan too i know that for certain but needles scare me, this sounds daft but how long do they have the needle in your arm and how many lots do they take?

says on my letter its a 2 hours long appointment minimum

Not much really happens, you fill out a lot of paperwork, and have some blood tests taken, and probably give a urine sample too........thats about it!

A scan would be done at the hospital and wouldnt be part of your booking in appointment with the midwife - how many weeks pregnant are you?

At your 16 week appointment its more fun as they listen to babies heartbeat etc.....

Hi there,

I had mine two weeks ago, last just under an hour. It consisted of lots of questions, blood pressure being taken and blood test, needle doens't stay in long and the blood comes out really quickly.

My midwife coudn't get blood from me to I had to have it done at the hospital, not got good clear visable veins!! I was also asked to provide a urine sample so I made sure I had a big drink before app as I thought I might need to give sample.

Good luck

Thanks ladies should i take a sample with me or just let them take one when im there the reason i am assuming its my 12 week scan also is because i have "shared Care" apparently and i have been given all the info for it and told to come with a full bladder as a scan wil be performed. I'm petrified of the needles bit everything else im good with i can fill in stuff but blood is just gonna be a big problem i think lol.

When I went for my first appointment the midwife weighed and measured me took 3 lots of blood :( which took her ages because my veins are to tiny lol. I hate needles but I looked away and it wasnt too bad!!!

She checked my blood pressure, asked about family history eg. abnormalities and twins etc...

She filling in forms and also talked about breat feeding constantly and that was it, she booked my dating scan and that was it.

Lasts about 30-45 mins, she never listened to baby or felt baby though which was dissapointing :(

Goodluck xxxx :D

Sugarhigh said:
Thanks ladies should i take a sample with me or just let them take one when im there the reason i am assuming its my 12 week scan also is because i have "shared Care" apparently and i have been given all the info for it and told to come with a full bladder as a scan wil be performed. I'm petrified of the needles bit everything else im good with i can fill in stuff but blood is just gonna be a big problem i think lol.

I had never had blood taken before and didn't like the thought of it. But honestly hun, you are not going to see it as a big deal after a while. They will want blood of you every time you go there :rotfl:, another joy of being pregnant. Its really not that bad hun. I hope it all goes okay for you :hug:

I had mine yesterday... she just talked me throu the paper work, gave me loads to read, took blood, weight, height and my blood pressure and tested my pee sample!! she then said she would send my stuff to the hospital so they would post out my scan date!!

I hate giving blood but I just didnt look and it wasnt that bad! like everyone says we have to get used to it! bloody vampires! :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back