• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice on sleeping arrangements please

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hey girls,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I've got the moses basket set up in my room but I was thinking at first that I would have it downstairs during the day anyway. I'm not sure what to do in the evenings. Should I put her to sleep upstairs in her moses basket while I'm downstairs, and use my monitor and sensor mat. Or should I just keep her downstairs with me till I go to bed? I know I'll be scared to leave her upstairs on her own when she's first born but at the same time I'd rather she had an idea of day and night. Can anyone share what they've done?
Also my cot will arrive on Wednesday morning :) should I have it built in my room or when the nursery is finished have it built in hers?

Thanks in advance

x

Hiya, I think it's just personal preference. I kept zac with me downstairs for about 3 months, then he grew out of his Moses basket, so I put him in a travel cot with a mattress in our room with the monitor on, (his cot is too big for our room). I moved him to his own room when he was 5 and a half months. He hasn't had any problems with day and night. The only thing I would have done differently, is to try and put him down when he is sleepy instead of cuddling him to sleep every night, as this was the only way he would go to sleep until he was about 5 months! X

I'd build the cot in the nursery tbh as it will be a pain having to move it when the time comes!
Wed put aiden in his basket when he was tired and he'd fall asleep then we'd just move the basket to the bedroom when we were ready for bed. Now we've got a travel cot in our room and we put him in there when he's sleepy and he'll go straight to sleep without us in the room :) it's just all personal preference and what works best for you x

I was really lucky, Seb has recognised day and night since day one x we built the cot in our room and used the Moses basket downstairs, put him in it at night when he fell asleep downstairs and carried him up in it. Also we co-sleep so when he wakes up for his bottle at night we let him sleep in bed with us :)

Personal preference Hun, i had Tegan downstairs in a carry cot till we went to bed then put her in her moses basket till she was about 6 weeks then we started putting her to bed with the monitor on, we put her cot straight in her own room and she went in there at about 4 months xx

I kept Oliver downstairs until we went to bed for the first week or so until he got into a bit of a routine. Now he goes up to his basket roughly the same time every night so I can go back downstairs an tidy up lol.

He loves napping in his pram downstairs during the day, maybe your wee one might like this too when she arrives.

I kept charley downstairs with me until he was 4 weeks old then started a proper bedtime routine at 7pm. He was only in his Moses basket for 2 weeks as he didn't seem to like it but before he would be in Moses basket during the day for naps then carry it up for bed. After that I used a swing for during the day then cot at night!
I highly recommend a swing as it was brill for settling him for naps and loads of my friends use them too x x

definitely personal preference!! for the first few weeks, josh stayed downstairs with us until we went to bed and then when we got brave mebbe at about 3-4 weeks, we put him in our room at bed time in the moses basket with the monitor on full volume. By about 6-8 weeks, we were confident that he was ok and eventually started to put his moses basket in his bedroom cot. It was this early as he is a very lloud sleeper as are we and we all just spent the night waking each other up. By 3 monthd he was in his own cot without the moses basket and the monitor on full.

Its up to you though hun, whatever you feel comfortable with!! xx

I cheated a little bit, I had a Moses basket set up in our bedroom which C slept in at night, and another set up in the living room which he slept in during the day. We built his cot in the Nursery and he started sleeping in there (for naps during the day as well as at night) when he outgrew his Moses basket at about 12 weeks old.

Thanks girls, its really helpful to hear other peoples experiences. I'll probably keep her with me for the first week anyway and then see how we get on from there :)
Chaz a friend is buying me a swing because I've read they are really good especially if you need to do stuff during the day.

Hey,
At first lo, stayed with us down stairs in his mosses basket in the eve and we took him up to our room when we went to bed. But now he is still in his mosses basket but he sleeps in his own room at night (during the day he naps in mosses basket or on his activity gym or bouncing chair) and after he has his 7.30 feed in the eve we put him in his room to go to sleep (hes awake when we put him down, but he soon settles himself and drops off). I think I'm gonna start putting him in his cot soon, and maybe just use the mosses basket for day time naps and use his cot for night times. I would prob build the cot in the nursery, like the girls said it saves moving it at a later date.xxxxxxxxxxx

I had her with me constantly till about 3 weeks old. Then she would goto bed in her basket in my room at 11 - 7 and i had a video monitor. The first two night were horrid i hated it! but after that its ok. I coslept a lot then aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back