• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice on Slapped Cheek Disease

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls, am more than a little concerned tonight, My daughter was sent home from school as she had a slight rash on neck and red cheeks, they said they thought she had slapped cheek disease and had to go to doctors before they would let her back to school.

Hubby was off work and took her to docs, the docs said they didn't think she had it, but couldn't be sure, and it shouldn't be infectious by the time rash appears, when hubby said about me being 9 weeks preg, they said they would get me in for a blood test to see if I was immune to the slapped cheek, but couldn't tell if I was imune from younger exposure to this or from now!

It does not harm me in any way, but can cause miscarrige under 20 weeks of pregnancy, aparently fluid swells up meaning baby can miscarry or need tranfusions while still in your tum.

Does any one or the moderators have any experiance of this ?

Hi hun :wave:

When I was expecting my 1st daughter, my son took it. I was under 3 months pregnant and she's now 14 :)

Try not to worry :hug:

Thanks Mamafy, when did you know it was ok? or is it just a waiting thing? Do you think you can tell at the 12 week scan?

Tbh, the dr didn't seem too bothered hun. I wasn't tested or anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back