Advice on Persona and Ovulation Sticks Please?

Sus

Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to conceive since July last year. Thought I was pregnant last week, was 5 days late and had sore boobs which I don't normally. I came on then on Sunday. I did do tests and they were all negative. So on to a new month!
I have used OP sticks for two months and have never had a positive so have just bought a Persona monitor to see if that can tell me when I ovulate. Has anyone else used one or has any advice?

iv never used one, hope it works for you though

Hiya I've used one for years. I originally bought it as a preventative. But found it invaluable as I learned all about my cycle and so when we were ready to try for a baby I knew when my fertile time was and the 2/3 days that I actually ovulated. I think it was well worth the money. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

how do they work exactly???sorry if i sound a bit thick :oops: but ive never heard of them before!!!xx

Its basically a monitor and a pack of 8 sticks but for the first month you need 16 sticks. You get a little information booklet with it.

For the first month you need to pee on a stick on days 6 and then 9-23 (I think) then the next month on day one it will be green when the red light comes on depending on your cycle you need to pee on a stick and do this for the next 7/8 days it will tell you. The red days are your fertile days and on the days you ov you will see a little circle with a dot in it that tells you or ov. Once the green light comes on you don't need to pee on a sitck you you need to open it every day to check the days and the lights.

Its very simple you have a window of about 6 hrs to pee on the stick (3hrs either side of the time you peed on the stick on day 6)

The days might be a bit different for you it will depend on your cycle my cycle was short.

oh i see!!!sounds good!!!ill keep it in mind for when my cycle decides 2 go back 2 some sort of normality!!thanks xxxx

I had the O come up on my monitor yesterday and today. Had BD on Tuesday and last night so fingers crossed. Have woken up with a UTI though this morning so shouldn't think I'll be doing anymore for a couple of days!

Does anyone know how to read the Persona sticks?
www.peeonastick.com says that the Persona and Clearblue Fertility Monitor sticks are interchangeable and on there she says about Clearblue sticks :- With the wick (pee end) on the left, the LH line is on the left, and estrogen on the right. Interestingly, the estrogen line gets lighter when estrogen increases; the LH line gets darker when LH increases.

I have been looking at my sticks when I've taken them out of the monitor and it doesn't make sense because yesterday and today I have had the O symbol come up but I have had no LH line at all on the stick but the Oestrogen line has got fainter. Can anyone shed any light on this?
:?

Today the Oestrogen line has got even lighter but LH line is still not apparent. The O symbol has now gone. Does anyone think that means I've ovulated or am ovulating today?
:?

Well now I'm really confused. Had a green light on my monitor today - Day 15 but the LH line has now appeared and the oestrogen line is very faint.

Anyone else had this?

Regarding the OPKS.... at first i never got a positive... then someone on this site said they tested twice a day..... once i started doing it twice a day i started getting positives and on the days I expected to be ovulating.

I use to test about lunchtime and about tea time on the same day....

I always found most of the time it was the tea time testing that turned up the positive result....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back