Advice on eye drops

Clydesdaleclopper

Reaction score
Q has conjunctivitis and we've been given eye drops to treat this and it's an absolute nightmare to get them in. I thought it would be the liquid ones that I could drop in from a distance but it's a gel that needs to be squeezed from the tube directly into his eyes. Our attempts thus far have been fairly unsuccessful and have resulted in much screaming. Anybody got any suggestions?

We've used that before it's a nightmare! I dont really have any tips as we had to resort to holding charlies head while the other one put the gel in.
He screamed and he hated it and I felt awful, I just had to console myself with the fact that it was for the best and he would have felt worse without it.
Wish I had better advice, sorry!

Try when he is asleep perhaps?

We've had drops and gel for our LO's eyes so far and the gel was far easier to get in that drops for us.

millie had an eye infection and after liquid drops not working she was on this lil tube of this sticky paste (that wont break off the nozzle, grr!) and i kno it SOUNDS awful but i just used to pin her down (it was the only way! i wanted my baby's eyes all better pls no-one judge me!) however she was much younger (less than 3 months) so not as strong as a strapping toddler! (and i kno all about that now lol)

hope his eyes clear up soon :hug:

as the others say the only option is to pin them down, sounds awful dosnt it! but its only for a few days

Matilda had a really bad eye infection when she was 12 months, started with the gel and then had to do 2 lots of drops 3 times a day, I found after the 3rd day she would scream but just lay there while i put em in, bless her. (maybe she didnt like the arm pinning her head down with the knee accross her arms and the other hand trying to hold her eye open and get the drops in!!!!!)

you just gotta perservere :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back