advice on baby monitors...pls :)

all_iz_well

Reaction score
Hey girls....just some advice please. Have you guys bought baby monitors before the lil one arrives or are you buying them after??? We are thinking about the angelcare sound and movement baby monitor AC401...any recommendations from experienced or new mums pleaseee....thanks alot ...so confused lol
mwah xx:wall2:

I am actually going to go without I think! Will definately watch this space though as I know nothing about them x

I can't help on the one you are thinking of but we got one from freecycle like new bt 100 I think it is so will do the job x

sorry cant help as we are not getting one.. well unless we feel like we need one when noa is here x

I've never had one for any of mine but now I want to get Oscar in a routine going to bed by himself, I really want one cos I won't hear him cry from downstairs. Hubbys too tight tho!

In the early days baby is never out of your sight so I'm not surehow much it would be used x

We got a Summer monitor with black and white screen. got it for DS1 back in 2008, Boots made a boo-boo and reduced it to 25 when it should have been nearer the 100 mark.

Anyways, it is something we did not use straight away, as DS roomed in with us, napped in moses basket with us in room. it was very seldom he was alone in first 3 months.

We started using it when he was nearer 6 months, and we tried him in his own room. This particular monitor has given us hours of entertainment watching him get up to mischief when he thinks we are not there, and has also served its purpose of putting our minds at rest. it works in the dark too.

the screen itself is a bit bulky compared to top of the range models, but all in all, very handy item :)

Last edited:
Thanks girls....Tasha im just going to research on that one cheers xx

The angel one that i said earlier sets off if ur baby doesnt breathe for a certain time, which looking at some reviews has saved their babies lives...but then i think am i just going to panic if its just dodgy and keeps going off. Like u say...were guna be around our lil ones in the beginning all the time...so maybe just wait til lil one arrives hey...

Just went to 35 week apt and consultant said shes got an important meeting come up for the 10th nove, which was our original date of c section so now its on 9th...lol even closer....so excited....keep ur fingers crossed hun...
mwah xxxx

We have the angelcare because it came very highly recommended by the neonatal unit Ella was in. We found that we could sleep well from day 1 knowing that it would alert us if she sopped breathing- the main fear of course. I'd highly recommend it for peace of mind.

We have the angelcare one too and love it! I've already recommended it to loads of people. Ross sleeps on his tummy which was a major cause of stress for us since it goes against all the guidelines but it means we are alerted if there's any problem. You do seem to tune into every little noise, my concern was something going wrong in silence. The only bother we had was remembering to switch the monitor off or put it on hold when we lifted bubs to change or feed him, but at least it was tested regularly. :doh: Speak of the devil, monitor going just now, someone must be hungry :)

we got some bt ones from ebay! they are wonderful for us, cos come 10 oclock, joshua is in our room sleeping (which sounds a little cruel) but we wanted to make sure that we introduced some form of routine as often as possible, esp as our daily lives are sooooooooooo blooming hectic.... but the ones we have are yellow and they are brilliant. They have talk back for us so we can talk up to him, they remotely play lullabys to him, turn a night light on for him, measure the room temperature and bleep if its too hot/cold, also they bleep at us if he screams too loud, and have been really useful! i would recommend if your getting one to try ebay though, cos apparently thesse are nigh on 100 quid when new but we got them for 20 and they are really good quality as well!

xx

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...53SDQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

we have got a leapfrog one from argos in the sale we are going to introuduce a routine more or less straight away so baby knows when its night so will be useful to us as we have to keep stairs door shut becuase we have a house cat and we dont want him upstairs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back