Advice needed!?

Spinneygirl

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,:wave:

Me and my OH have been together 9 years, over 5 years ago he had a one night stand, he obviously has the worst luck in the because the girl got pregnant!!!! She didnt tell him about the child until he was 3!!!!! Dont ask!

William is now 5 and OH sees him once a week. There will be a time when William is ready to stay over at our house and as we only have a 2 bedroom, obviously i want to convert the spare room into a nursery.

My dilemma is if this baby is a girl, am i a complete monster to want to decorate it Pink knowing that William will be sleeping in there aswell someday?

Please help!:wall2:

Thanks
Nikki

xxx

I don't think that makes you a monster personally, especially since you appear to be open to welcoming his child into your home. I think that makes you a very good and forgiving person. You and your child deserve to be able to decorate the room how you have always wanted to and if that is pink and girly then so be it.

It does not sound like there are any immediate plans for his son to be staying there anyway, and when that time comes you can ensure he has a nice bed to sleep in with boy orientated bed sheets etc and some of his toys which can be stored neatly away when not in use.

As the kids get older you can maybe look at redecorating the room to something less gender specific or you may have moved into a bigger place by then but as it stands the nursery should be how you would like it to be for you and your baby as it is your special time :)

I agree with Beeble. Decorating the nursery is one of the most exciting things about pregnancy and why should you miss out on that?!

When the time comes that William comes to stay, as Beeble said, you can arrange for him to have blue-boyish bedsheets. But its only his temporary room, whereas its ur LO's full time room.

I also agree that u r very forgiving, so u should just do the nursery how u want it xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

yeah i agree with both these ladies, do the room how you want he aint living there permently where as your little girl will be hunni x x x

Thanx for the advice girls, youve helped me loads xxx

Agree with above, I think you're amazing welcoming this little boy into your life and home, I'm ashamed to say I don't think I could do it (but wouldn't stop his dad having contact iykwim).
Decorate your nursery hun, you deserve it x

Agree with above. Your LO would spend alot more time in the room than William, I'd decorate it as you wish for a girl, with a pull out or fold down bed or something & maybe a wee box of boys toys in the cupboard, so William knows he has a few things there?!

xxxxx

Agree with above, I think you're amazing welcoming this little boy into your life and home, I'm ashamed to say I don't think I could do it (but wouldn't stop his dad having contact iykwim).
Decorate your nursery hun, you deserve it x

Agree xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back