Advice needed, dog randomly growling at baby.

Keeping a dog in a routine with clear boundaries and expectations is responsible dog ownership, there is no need for dominance. Jealousy is not a canine emotion, they don't have the ability to comprehend it. It's a human emotion that you cannot apply to dogs.

And in fact you can fully trust and animal to behave in a way appropriate to the situation they find themselves in. If they feel fearful or at risk then they will react. If they feel happy and settled they will behave accordingly. What you cannot trust is children alone with pets or owners that don't understand how their pets tick.

Exactly!! It's bloody ridiculous to leave a child and dog alone together no wonder kids get bit. He's also learning what he shouldn't be doing to or with our dogs he knows to be nice and he often gently touches her nose which she likes she likes the contact not the crawling he's doing hopefully once he's walking she'll understand better. But I'm not getting rid of her because she growled she has to learn. Huskies are pack oriented and enjoy the company and touch but as you said submission rolls or dominant behaviour isn't good for a dog I've always had dogs and not once did I get bit by my dogs. I have been bitten by a strangers dog due to no fault of my own the dog hadn't been raised correctly it's how you treat them too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back